Question

Sometimes I can not get the web to work on my Android phone

I bought this new Android Verizon phone and I have no idea how to use all the bells and whistles, but that is not the problem. Sometimes when roaming or driving or even at my rural house, I can not get the internet to work on my Android!! Maybe it can not get a connection in those areas? At my house the cell phone often fails, but texting still works? Just wondering why? I guess I better take the offered Android class from Verizon!! Sometimes the whole thing just freezes up which reminds me of my old Blackberry days!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sometimes I can not get the web to work on my Android phone
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sometimes I can not get the web to work on my Android phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Me too.

Usually I get a pop up about a data connection. At my front door the cell phone part isn't so good so I have to walk to the back patio.

I wonder if Verizon and other companies need to talk to the consumers about this?

As to the freeze up, my droid has never.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
No data connection

I also live in a rural area and experience the same problem that you have. To have internet connection, you must be close enough to a wifi access point or be in an area with 3g data connection is available. I have a Droid X from verizon and i bought the phone anyways despite the fact that i cannot get use 3g where i live. However, i do have wifi available using internet satellite and that's how i'm able to surf the net. Verizon shouldn't have sold you the smartphone when you are not aware that you cannot access their 3g data service. However, if you're in the city or a place of business with wifi access, you should be able to use the internet. Voice service and texting work on a different network and it usually works nearly everywhere you go. As for freezing, all smartphone freezes now and then. It shouldn't be a regular occurance but that's something we all have to accept until technology gets better. Hope this helps.

CNET Forums