Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

something weird on a pc

by Luis / July 1, 2004 4:03 AM PDT

Ihave this pc that is doing something weird, I has pentium 450mhz 128mb ram, WIN XP professional removable zip drive, CD-rom and CDrw.
This is what it's happening: It started by openning a lot of pop ups.
I bought a software SpywareXterminator and I installed but now I have this other problem. When I turn on my PC it starts the program Xterminator and it show a window where it says; You have a pest in memory do you want to terminated and I click "yes" then it show me another pest on other file and I do the same thing again and it goes back again to the same problem, " You have a pest on memory do you want to terminated and I click again "yes" and it the same process over and over again, then starts opening MS internet explorer 3, I closed this window by clicking on the
"X" then it shows MS internet explorer 4, I click the "X" to close it then on the bar show me MS internet explorer 5 an it goes up to MS internet explorer 7. Once I manage to closed all theses windows it began to open other files, I notice that there is a program "Kazaa" and it run this by it self by opening a window and it says there is a missing file Kbdll.exe. This is what I did. I went to add and remove programs choose the program Kazaa and click removed after I did this it open a window and it says the file can not be found. Then I did the following I click on Start then programs and find the program Kazaa and click on uninstalled then it began to removed all its components, after this it tell me to restart the system so it will take the effects, after restarting the system I thought it will removed the program "WRONG" the program stills there with the same error problem,
Bottom line if I use a xp bootable disk you think this might solve the problem that I am having on this system, or what can I do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: something weird on a pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: something weird on a pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
this is not really a Windows XP problem...
by Edward ODaniel / July 1, 2004 5:19 AM PDT

and would best be solved by going to http://support.stompsoft.com/product/?group=SpywareXterminator and doing some troubleshooting or submitting a help ticket.

In the meantime you might try using the freeware Spybot S&D and AdAware to rid yourself of Kazaa and undoubtedly other "spyware"/malware you have installed.

Collapse -
Re: something weird on a pc
by Mark G / July 1, 2004 6:03 AM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!