Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

something's wrong with video podcast feed.

by alchemistmuffin / January 28, 2009 12:45 PM PST

Okay, something freaky is going on with the video feed on iTunes with CNET Podcast.

PLEASE, FIX IT NOW! I MEAN NOW!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: something's wrong with video podcast feed.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: something's wrong with video podcast feed.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Which one
by jmoo2 / January 28, 2009 6:18 PM PST

BOL video podcast is on hiatus at the moment so to which podcast are you referring to?

James

Collapse -
all cnet podcast feed going crazy.
by alchemistmuffin / January 29, 2009 7:04 AM PST
In reply to: Which one

all cnet video podcast feed.

Collapse -
Working on it...
by raygun01 / January 29, 2009 7:56 AM PST

Basically, all of our "mega-feeds" with multiple shows in the feed were stitched together using Yahoo Pipes. A great service for this type of thing. Well, Feedburner was recently moved into Google's domain and only once we were switched were we made aware that Yahoo Pipes isn't playing nice with the new configuration of Feedburner since the switch. Not cool at all. So I am trying to figure out a way to continue to feed and limit the interruption until Google can figure out a solution for the Feedburner/Pipes issue.

Lameness ensues, but I'm working on it. Sorry you guys!!

Collapse -
what about the audio
by melissapardun / January 29, 2009 10:45 PM PST
In reply to: Working on it...

Hey, is this the same reason I can't download any audio off of itunes? It seems fubbed up, yet I can get it when I download straight off of the Iphone app program. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Collapse -
Bye, CNET
by jpinheidelberg / February 2, 2009 2:41 AM PST

This problem has been going on far too long. It's TWIT for me. I don't have to worry about adjusting my playlists to include all of his stuff. The little guy (Leo LaPorte) has got it figured out. The big guy (CBS) is clueless. Bye, CNET. It was fun while it lasted. Now that Molly's gone from BOL, I was beginning to lose interest anyway.

Collapse -
fixed yet?
by alchemistmuffin / February 3, 2009 7:37 AM PST

Has the problem fixed yet....

Because if it's Feed-burner issue, I think it's never going to be fixed, since Yahoo and Google are competitors.

Collapse -
Here's the deal:
by raygun01 / February 3, 2009 8:23 AM PST
In reply to: fixed yet?

The blog post I wish they would have posted before I made the switcheroo:
http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/2009/01/use-yahoo-pipes-hold-off-on-moving-your.html

But because it's too late for me, I have switched the feeds to pull from a different service, RSS Mix. So the Uber-feeds are working properly again. I have had this confirmed from a number of subscribers.

Ultimately, I will switch it back to Yahoo Pipes, though, as it seems to be a better long term solution. But in the meantime, I'd say you can enjoy the uberfeeds again.

And BTW, this switch happened about a week ago. So if you've seen issues in the past 5 days, please post it here so I know. As far as I've seen myself/been told by others, the problem has been fixed though.

Collapse -
It's not working properly....
by Nicholas Buenk / February 3, 2009 1:12 PM PST
In reply to: Here's the deal:

The Feed seems to be changing it's name often between RSS Mix something and All cnet video podcasts.
And old videos keep appearing.

Collapse -
doh!
by raygun01 / February 3, 2009 2:59 PM PST

:/

I knew I was speaking too soon. Sad

Collapse -
Idea:
by alchemistmuffin / February 4, 2009 12:41 PM PST
In reply to: doh!

Can't you just dump Yahoo pipes and Feed-burner, and build your own RSS system?

Collapse -
Is this ever going to be fixed?
by alchemistmuffin / February 5, 2009 12:05 PM PST
In reply to: Idea:

I was wondering, is this ever going to be fixed, or is the solution to dump Yahoo Pipes and etc, and find something else?

Collapse -
Problem is fixed now...
by raygun01 / February 6, 2009 5:18 AM PST

Switched back to Yahoo Pipes which has been cleared to work with Feedburner again. Refresh your feeds and all should be fine.

I had put in for our peeps to create our own RSS Mixing tech... so hopefully that'll happen soon and we can avoid this ever again!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!