Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Some questions for John Kerry.

by Bo Boggs / February 15, 2004 10:57 PM PST

George Will's column:
WASHINGTON -- In the more than 250 days until Nov. 2, John Kerry can answer questions that linger in spite of, or because of, all he has said so far. Such as:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/georgewill/gw20040215.shtml

This is what concerns me the most about Kerry. The lack of consistency and apparent absence of any moral center.

Bo

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Re:Some questions for John Kerry.
by Evie / February 15, 2004 11:03 PM PST

Hi Bo,

I was going to post this yesterday. Some very good questions there. Inconsistencies aside, it is his consistency w.r.t. internationalism that bothers me most.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
I loved the question on sanctions.
by Kiddpeat / February 16, 2004 2:51 AM PST

'In January 1991, after Iraq extinguished Kuwait's sovereignty, you opposed responding with force rather than economic sanctions. Have such sanctions ever undone such aggression?'

Sanctions worked well against Iraq post Kuwait didn't they?

Collapse -
Re:I loved the question on sanctions.
by Josh K / February 16, 2004 2:55 AM PST

Actually they probably did. Even though he was able to smuggle a lot of oil out, his military would have been a LOT stronger if those sanctions hadn't been in place (the invasion would not have succeeded as quickly as it did), and he just might have been able to produce those weapons of you-know-what that Rumsfeld said he knew the locations of.

Collapse -
Did I miss some in place sanctions...
by Edward ODaniel / February 16, 2004 5:54 AM PST

for the initial Desert Storm when the Iraqi military was rolled up rather quickly?

(the invasion would not have succeeded as quickly as it did),

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!