Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Some beach pics

by Diane Harrison / August 15, 2004 3:45 PM PDT

Didn't end up going to Venice where all the real freaky stuff is. These are just a few shots from today at the So Cal beaches plus the spider from work.

The real reason I'm sharing these is for the little kid. He and his brother were adorable!!! Their dad had them stationed at the juncture where the bike/skate path ends and goes down into the boardwalk at the beach (down below). The other brother had a sign that said "Lemonade 50 cents" and the reverse side said "Cookie and a Starburst candy for 50 cents." This young man had a sign offering "Psychiatric Help 5 cents."

Their dad was very serious about teaching them the ways of business. When my husband and I stopped for a lemonade, my husband gave the boy $2. The boy explained that was too much, and my husband told him it was a tip. He didn't know what a tip was, so I told him he got to keep it because he gave us good service. His dad went on to explain in detail to him and his brother (both listening avidly), that they do not JUST serve products. Theirs is a "customer-relations based" business, where serving and pleasing the customer comes first. They not only have to do it right, but do it in such a way that the customer comes away feeling good about the purchase. It's good for business.

If the dad has his way, look for this young man to be the next Donald Trump in another 20 years!

BTW, the young man really tried to earn his money, since my husband had leaned over before I pulled up on my bike) and had told the young man that he would take two lemonades, and "why don't you give the lady here the psychiatric help?!" I'll get even with the husband later. . .LOL

http://homepage.mac.com/alastorspirit/PhotoAlbum7.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Some beach pics
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Some beach pics
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Some beach pics
by John Robie / August 15, 2004 4:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Some beach pics

Great photo's. Gee lemonade at a kids stand is now

Collapse -
Re: Some beach pics
by Diane Harrison / August 15, 2004 4:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Some beach pics

Naw, bypassed the psych help LOL. When we came back that way a couple of hours later, the dad had added on a chess challenge to any comers, and a chess board was set up on the table (out of range to the right on the photo) with the lemonade and cookies. Don't know whether it was the dad or the kids who would have challenged for the chess, but either could beat me, since I don't know how to play.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?