the answer can be anything of the following:
1. possible a bad upload
2. possible download time expired sometimes posting is only there for x number of days. if it is a free site sometimes that site is programmed the uploader only x number of file size or x number of times each day that the public can allow to download.
3. keep trying
4. sometimes the same site if it is a popular site is busy in traffic, too many people are trying to go in at the same time you
5. the site you are trying to download from may be off for maintenance
6. your pc memory may not be enough to download that file size or you may not have enough hard disk space
7. you have too much memory resident program open that won't give you room to download.
8, your hard disk may be corrupted or windows may be corrupted and you don't know it if you have norton system works try running windows repair and check your hard disk and do a defragmentation also try to clean out all cookie and junk that may be installed into your hard disk while you are online that you are not aware of
9. do virus and spam scan. if you have the yahoo tool bar installed try to do a anti spy scan.
10. I have seen people who have installed tool bars (yahoo toolbar or google tool bar) resolve their problem if they disable or uninstall them
11. make sure your pc has the latest patch or update
12 try your download by using another and or a new browser
hope these tips help
For the last few weeks, software from Download.com, both up-dates and new programs will not download, although I get the usual 'Thank you for downloading, etc.'page. This doesn't happen with other web sites.
I have checked my anti-virus progam (Zone Alarm), and the settings on my browser - Firefox, but nothing seems to work.