Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

software to limit time

by gorbash / September 8, 2006 6:59 AM PDT

HI there I need some software to limit time users can be on the computer, I don't know enough about wrighting rules, or the code for it. It needs to be something that's easy, I have windows xp and i'm talking about the profiles on windows xp not just atime limit over all. Help please!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: software to limit time
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: software to limit time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Overall time or time online?
by glb613 / September 8, 2006 7:17 AM PDT
In reply to: software to limit time
Collapse -
Found: software to limit each person's computer time
by coosa / October 17, 2006 1:51 AM PDT
In reply to: software to limit time

I'm in the same boat and am searching for reliable, easy software to limit each user's time on a computer running XP. So far I've found the following options. Has anyone tried any of these? What works best?
-- coosa

User Time Control

User Time Administrator

how to control users' time on computer running Windows XP without buying another software package

Collapse -
How does this stop the smart ones?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 17, 2006 2:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
By using the CMOS settings and a password...
by Edward ODaniel / October 18, 2006 4:10 AM PDT

to avoid booting from anything but the hard drive Bob.

If it becomes necessary to alter boot sequence the person with the Admin authority and passwords (BIOS and Profile) can make the change then return system to the default of only booting HD as necessary.

Renaming net.exe is also recommended.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?