Question

Software problem for Samsung TV PN51D800

I have problem with my Samsung TV PN51D800, its a software problem for sure, I have 2 PCs connected via wifi to the TV, I have video files on these PCs and I watch them on the TV, when deleting few Files from the PCs their names still appears on the TV files list!
Samsung Tech told me to reset TV to original setting, I tried this 3 times with PC off, with wifi off and with both off, all didn't work, but Samsung cancelled my request for service because they don't know how to Fix it!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Software problem for Samsung TV PN51D800
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Software problem for Samsung TV PN51D800
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Software problem for Samsung TV PN51D800

Hey Bassimhilmi,

I assume you're talking about Allshare (DLNA), correct? And you've tried the answer I gave over here: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-566335/samsung-tv-shows-deleted-files-on-external-hdd/

This is a different problem from the one on that thread. With that thread, you have a mass storage device connected and the TV is indexing the files. So by resetting the TV, you flush the cache. Allshare works differently. You have a piece of software on the PC that displays to the TV what files it has to share over the network connection using Allshare. So what program are you using on your PC to share the files over?

HD Tech

- Collapse -

Thank you for the update, I didn't use Allshare in fact it is off, the PCs are connected via wifi, accessing the files is by pressing source then any of the 2 PCs - video - all video and selecting any file to play.
Several files were deleted days ago from the PCs but their names still appears on the files list on TV! reset the TV didn't work and Samsung has no clue?
Have a nice day.

- Collapse -

Hi Bassimhilmi,

Can you link to a picture or a video of the behavior you're experiencing?

Also, what program are you using on your PC to share the videos with your TV? Windows Media Player?

HD Tech

- Collapse -

Thanks, I didn't understand what you want "can you link to .." Sad ?
Normally I select the file from tv list and use program on tv to play
When pressing source on remote I get list of what is connected via HMDI1-4 and PC1, PC2, selecting one PC then selecting videos then all videos then select any file I want to play.
Have a nice day.

- Collapse -

Bassimhilmi,

OK, let me put it this way: can you take a picture or video of what you're doing? I don't understand how you're doing this without DLNA, so I want to do see what you're doing to help you better.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -

Thanks, for sure I will do, but first I have to find out how to post video or pictures on this forum to this note.
Have a great day.

- Collapse -
- Collapse -
Re: DLNA Issue

Hey Bassimhilmi,

Thanks a lot! That was exactly what I needed to know. What you're experiencing is a feature of the TV. Even though you have Allshare turned off, DLNA will still work with Window Media Player (WMP). If you open up WMP on those machines, you should find all those files indexed in those applications. What you're viewing on the TV should be those indexes. WMP doesn't automatically remove songs, pictures, movies that have been removed; it keeps the index.

Here's a thread on the Microsoft website regarding this kind of behavior: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/windows-media-player-libraries-how-to-auto-refresh/e93aaf60-aacc-4afc-9523-ed0baca27f00

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -

Hello again,
I tried these and it didn't work completely, it did delete only 3 files from the list!! as if the rest is stored in the TV somewhere?
Have a nice day and really thanks for your efforts.

CNET Forums