Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Software problem

by The General 2000 / March 4, 2007 7:28 AM PST

that is when i try to open C:Hard Drive it say copy.exe not found but when i click the rigthclick of the mouse and press open it work so how can isolve this >thanks for the help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Software problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Software problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2007 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: Software problem
Collapse -
I still have the problem
by The General 2000 / March 7, 2007 6:11 AM PST
In reply to: Software problem

wat can i do to release this bad message that is copy.exe is not found whenever i try to get in my c: hard drive or even d:can any friend help me clearly plz.thx.im waiting.

Collapse -
We Still Need More From You..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 7, 2007 8:05 AM PST

Because the problem may be a virus, spyware, or simply a problem with a particular program, we need to know what YOU have done to correct the problem.

As asked before, which antivirus do you have installed? Is it current? Have you scanned with it?

Have you tried using any antispyware programs to ferret out the problem?

It would also be helpful if we knew which operating system you're using? Windows 98? 2000? XP? If XP, which Service Pack?

In the meantime, you might try running one of the online scans at the links below:

Housecall Online Scanner

Panda Online Scanner

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif

Collapse -
ok my friend GIF
by The General 2000 / March 8, 2007 11:35 PM PST

before this problem i made a scan with kaspersky antvirus which find a virus in copy .exe .wel im using xp(profficinal) windows with sevice pack 2 edition so how can i get agian copy .exe.thx man im waiting your help.

Collapse -
You haven't told us what you HAVE done...
by Edward ODaniel / March 9, 2007 5:25 AM PST
In reply to: ok my friend GIF

have you followed the link Bob provided in the first response to you and done everything instructed in that thread?

If not do so now.

If you did let us know and then follow this link and take advantage of what is offered there:
http://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/spyware-adware-solutions/windows_system-copy.exe_solution.htm

A helpful hint -- usually if your error message mentions "can't find..." it means that the problem itself is gone but the registry or start up folder links to the missing file are still in place and require removal.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.