The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

So, who's gonna see Snakes On A Plane opening weekend?

by NewOrderrr / August 16, 2006 3:03 PM PDT

I'm planning on seeing it Friday.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So, who's gonna see Snakes On A Plane opening weekend?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So, who's gonna see Snakes On A Plane opening weekend?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm in - Thursday night @ 10 PM
by charlala / August 16, 2006 3:11 PM PDT

And look what came up when I purchased my ticket online from movietickets.com ...

Thank you for purchasing ticket(s) to see Snakes on a Plane. You are invited to participate in a brief text message dialogue to share your reactions and thoughts about Snakes on a Plane with the filmmakers and studio immediately after you see the movie.

Sign up to participate and we will text you within approximately 15 minutes of the conclusion of the movie. If you complete the three-question exchange within two hours after receiving the first text message, we will give you up to $2 off your next MovieTickets.com ticket transaction. There is also an optional 4th question that will enable you to send an unfiltered message in your own words describing how you feel about the movie.

Your cell phone number and carrier information provided to us via the input boxes below will be used only to communicate with you via text messaging about Snakes on a Plane, and unless you instruct us otherwise, will be deleted from our systems and records thereafter, regardless of whether you actually participate in the SMS dialogue or not.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) The premiere here is September 7th :(
by cars4less201 / August 17, 2006 2:29 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) In SF? or somewhere else?
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Rated 18: I'm sneaking in.
by udayan71 / August 16, 2006 9:40 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) correction: it's a 15; i'm so there!
by udayan71 / August 16, 2006 9:44 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Who's not?
by wizardjs / August 16, 2006 10:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
It's going to be the worst movie...EVER!
by csliva11 / August 16, 2006 11:50 PM PDT

But I'm DEFINITELY seeing it on Friday night.

Unfortunately it's not showing in our area on Thursday night. Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) not the worst ever, but its no [insert movie name]
by udayan71 / August 17, 2006 12:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Gotta be better than Miami Vice
by NewOrderrr / August 17, 2006 2:23 AM PDT

I made my buddies promise to make me stop at Dunkin Donuts for an XL French Vanilla before seeing any new movies this summer. Fell asleep in 3 of them this year. (and I usually don't go to bed until way after midnight)

Collapse -
I certainly hope so ...
by barret55 / August 17, 2006 3:06 AM PDT

Miami Vice was definitely a snoozer, IMO. It was just like the Energizer bunny: it keeps going, and going, and going, and going ....

-Terry

Collapse -
MV: omg worst movi ever. SoaP: how do I get my friends togo?
by robstak / August 17, 2006 2:39 PM PDT

none of my friends share the rapture I have towards seeing this movie. how do i convince them to go.

Note: going by myself is not an option!

Collapse -
I'm going to wait for the new SLJ film...
by Hiedran / August 17, 2006 4:32 AM PDT

...Samuel L. Jackson starring in Bees on a Plane.

BOAP isn't quite as good of an acronym as SOAP, but it will beat Snakes for campiness and horror as the passengers of the plane are attacked viciously by tired killer bees in Africa.

Collapse -
in NY
by Jonathan.C / August 17, 2006 5:18 AM PDT

midway 9 @ forest hills...w00t!

Collapse -
When I think of SOAP, I think of Benson
by NewOrderrr / August 17, 2006 2:57 PM PDT

I miss that old TV show. Jessica Tate was cool too.

Please don't put spoilers in this thread. I want to go into the movie totally oblivious to the plot.
There is a plot, right?

And tell me SLJ didn't just finish a movie with Justin Timberlake called Black Snake Moan. That just sounds rediculous.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Here is the total plot: THERE ARE SNAKES ON A PLANE
by cardsbb9 / August 18, 2006 8:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
Not Me
by rosscbrown / August 17, 2006 3:46 PM PDT

So I had it all arranged, I would head down the theater and see it today...

I thought it was come to my local theater seeing it is being so heavily promoted on TV.

But seeing i live in nowereville it's not gonna come to a screen near me for at least another TWO WEEKS.

So unfortunately, I must insist that there be no discussion about the film in any media for the next TWO weeks...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No spoilers, please folks.
by NewOrderrr / August 17, 2006 3:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Not Me
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I second NewOrderrr, some of us haven't seen it yet!
by udayan71 / August 17, 2006 10:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) good to see ya again ross!
by Jonathan.C / August 18, 2006 7:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
McDonalds Worthy
by adkinsjm / August 18, 2006 12:38 AM PDT

I will wait until it is at Redbox DVD rental kiosks. Only a buck a night to rent a dvd. And that's only if I am in the mood to see a really crappy film.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?