Speakeasy forum

General discussion

So, the Las Vegas shooters said they were motivated in part

by Rob_Boyter / June 10, 2014 2:38 AM PDT

by Cliven Bundy's anti-government stance, though apparently they were too crazy even for the Bundy's

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/jerad-amanda-miller-las-vegas-shooting-cliven-bundy-anti-government

Jerad and Amanda were, according to their neighbours, Second Amendment nutbars, who were convinced that despite the more than 330,000,000 firearms in American hands that the government was coming to take them away, and was a dictatorship, despite all the elections and the idiots who have been removed from office through due process.

Now if they were fans of Barack Obama, or Hillary Clinton, there would be numerous posts here of the "Impeach Obama! Now!" variety, and the assertion of a direct causal link between Obama/Clinton as people who knowingly provoked the whole thing as some Machiavellian plot to overthrow the American Republic.

As far as I'm concerned these people were incited by the lies of the NRA and the anti-government rhetoric that has been the constant refrain of the Republican party since 1980, and in truth going back to the Birchers and Barry Goldwater and his "extremism in the defense of ... " speech. Extremism and liberty are polar opposites in case nobody noticed Extremism in the defense of liberty ensures that there won't be any when the dust settles. It's an oxy-moron, and it's proponents are morons without oxen.

Strange that there has been such silence on the issue here. Is nobody watching the news any more? I can't blame you, there are news channels up here which I avoid watching because they concentrate on negative stories in an effort to so alarm the people that we will start behaving like Americans.

It must be so nice to be able to pick and choose the things you go doo-lally (crazily irrational) over, since you only need a couple of names attached to a story to tell you how to react. In the absence of those names? Silence. Congratulations on acting like sheep.

Rob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So, the Las Vegas shooters said they were motivated in part
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So, the Las Vegas shooters said they were motivated in part
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Worthy of note, also....
by Josh K / June 10, 2014 6:53 AM PDT

.....that the first two victims were "good guys with guns." So much for that (false) premise.

Oh, and there was yet another school shooting today, in case anyone has lost track.

Collapse -
school shooting
by James Denison / June 11, 2014 10:07 AM PDT

In a Democratic state where all the yippies, hippies, and other weed brained dregs left over from the 60's and 70's settled. Here's the governor. Notice in all this he won't say he's a Democrat. I've been looking around in the state and seems a lot of writeups now make absolutely NO mention of being a Democrat, even though they are. Good to see they are scared to be identified as such now.

http://www.oregon.gov/Gov/Pages/about.aspx

In fact, he's been in power for 18 years as Governor. Hey, let's blame him instead! Wow, I just had a Democratic moment there I think, blaming someone who didn't actually do it, simply by associations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kitzhaber

"John Albert Kitzhaber (born March 5, 1947) is the 37th and current Governor of Oregon. A member of the Democratic Party, Kitzhaber has served three nonconsecutive terms as Governor, from 1995 to 2003 and a third term since 2011. He also served in the Oregon House of Representatives and Oregon Senate, including as Senate president. He was also an emergency room surgeon and has worked as a health care administrator....As Oregon Senate President, he was the chief author of the state's government-funded health care plan, the Oregon Health Plan....Kitzhaber presided over the failed launch of Cover Oregon, the state's Obamacare website....Kitzhaber lives (jd - shacks up) with his girlfriend Cylvia Hayes, founder of 3EStrategies, an environmental consulting firm."

Still, the question does remain.....why do these school shootings seem to happen overwhelmingly in Democratic controlled states?

Collapse -
Re: Notice in all this he won't say he's a Democrat.
by JP Bill / June 11, 2014 12:37 PM PDT
In reply to: school shooting

Since it is a State Government site...is it usual to talk/post Political Party affiliation on a site which is paid for by taxpayers.

I know in New Brunswick, Canada there is no mention of Liberals, Conservatives or any other political party.....JUST/ONLY Government policy, programs....NO mention of Political Parties.

Collapse -
(NT) They don't, but enjoy your illusion
by Josh K / June 12, 2014 12:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
List of school shootings since Sandy Hook
by Josh K / June 12, 2014 2:41 AM PDT
Collapse -
These things were unheard of
by James Denison / June 12, 2014 2:58 AM PDT

back when I was in school and they started the morning off each day with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. The worst violence we were exposed to were Westerns on TV and no gore was part of it. I remember someone remarking if there was more gore to make it realistic it would convince people to not use guns as much as they did even then. Probably Democrats saying that. So, they added lots of gore, and "games" are created with even more gore and violence around every corner. What was the effect? Well, we're seeing it. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. Toss God out of the schools and in walks Satan's army of teen rapists, drug pushers, booze suppliers, violent gangs, and school shootings. What a wonderful world the Democrats and all the "envelope pushers", sex educationist, teenage abortion pushers, and every other Liberal minded addition to our schools has given us.

He'd have to sing a new tune for this generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM&feature=kp

Collapse -
Straight out of the Pat Robertson playbook
by Josh K / June 12, 2014 4:48 AM PDT

But then, I shouldn't be surprised. You also said the 2006 tsunami in Indonesia was God's wrath against Muslims. Funny how when Muslims are killed in a natural disaster it's God's wrath but when Christians are killed in one (e.g. the Oklahoma tornado last year) it isn't.

Collapse -
i have to say James
by JP Bill / June 12, 2014 5:10 AM PDT

You're in rare form today......

Collapse -
(NT) Fox was unheard of as well.
by Diana Forum moderator / June 15, 2014 6:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
why do you never investigate these?
by James Denison / June 12, 2014 3:14 AM PDT

You just toss out a list as if it's gospel truth and never even investigate to see what any of the list is about. I've not looked at all of them, but am thinking about that now. Why? Because I did part of your homework for you, to discover they are NOT all the classic school shootings. Here's the first fake "school shooting" I ran across. Yes, happened at a school parking lot, but didn't even involve a student doing the shooting, wasn't during normal school hours, but someone from off campus coming there and shooting. Even the one in CT was someone from off campus coming there to do the shooting.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Police-Two-dead-in-shooting-at-Hazard-Community-Technical-College-187033371.html

Hazard, Kentucky.

"That citation also says the gun found at the scene believed to be used by Stidham during the shooting matched the description he gave police of a hand gun purchased earlier that day.

Hazard Police say the alleged shooter Dalton Stidham and Caitlin Cornett had a child in common and were apparently meeting at Hazard Community and Technical College to exchange the child.

Police say the shooting had nothing to do with the college, and it was some type of domestic dispute.

According to 911 calls, someone saw a female victim lying on the ground and a "whitish looking car" drive towards Hazard.

Caitlin Cornett, Jackie Cornett and Taylor Cornett were all shot, and police say the victims were related.

Stidham would turn himself into police and confess shortly after. "

All that list does is prove they've yet to accurately recognize and define the real causes of the violence at schools.

Collapse -
RE: why do these school shootings seem to happen
by JP Bill / June 12, 2014 4:25 AM PDT
why do these school shootings seem to happen overwhelmingly in Democratic controlled states?

Because the shooters are disgruntled Republicans?
Collapse -
Many liberals
by TONI H / June 12, 2014 5:13 AM PDT

including the media have incorrectly identified some shooters as "Tea Party" members right off the bat.....remember Gabby? Your statement is just as ludicrous. Ludicrous, but typical..........

Collapse -
That's how I respond to Ludicrous statements
by JP Bill / June 12, 2014 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Many liberals

WITH ludicrous statements

Ludicrous, but typical..........

Do I have your permission to repost your post in response to James connecting ....Democratic States with more shootings?

Collapse -
Are you saying his connection
by TONI H / June 12, 2014 6:35 AM PDT

is wrong? If so, prove it....otherwise, it's not ludicrous....it's truthful.

Collapse -
RE: If so, prove it.
by JP Bill / June 12, 2014 7:00 AM PDT

Why not ask him to prove his assertion?

IF you want ME to prove something....lay down the parameters...THEN I'll go looking.

Collapse -
(NT) You're the one who questioned his assertion, not me.
by TONI H / June 12, 2014 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: If so, prove it.
Collapse -
AND
by JP Bill / June 12, 2014 12:09 PM PDT

You're the one who questioned MY assertion.

So if you want me to prove my assertion to you...I want to know your parameters.

IF/WHEN James asks me to prove my assertion...I'lll ask him for the same parameters.

Collapse -
The Democratic Answer? "love rocks"
by James Denison / June 11, 2014 11:21 AM PDT

Just when you thought stupid displays and useless tokens had reached a saturation point, along comes a new one. Hey, I dare someone to put a white cross up!

http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-grove/index.ssf/2014/06/forest_grove_community_and_bey.html

"She handed Susan Dieter-Robinson a burlap sack filled with rocks and appreciated the act of spreading joy through a simple gesture. "I just love the whole idea of drenching people in love when they're having a really hard time in their life," she said....The crew will pick up rocks along the way, in Beaverton and in Portland, before they coordinate with people in Troutdale interested in spreading the rocks."

Don't people usually get arrested for tossing rocks? I guess they want plenty of them laying around to toss?

Collapse -
Emilio Hoffman
by James Denison / June 11, 2014 12:02 PM PDT
Collapse -
are there First Amendment "nutbars"?

If so, who would they be? Is it anyone who supports The Constitution and Amendments that becomes a "nutbar"? Any argument that seeks to use any of that as qualification for a "nutbar" immediately fails on that account.

Collapse -
You've totally lost it?!
by James Denison / June 11, 2014 10:14 AM PDT
"As far as I'm concerned these people were incited by the lies of the NRA and the anti-government rhetoric that has been the constant refrain of the Republican party since 1980, and in truth going back to the Birchers and Barry Goldwater and his "extremism in the defense of ... " speech. Extremism and liberty are polar opposites in case nobody noticed Extremism in the defense of liberty ensures that there won't be any when the dust settles. It's an oxy-moron, and it's proponents are morons without oxen."

1) I would bet this kid never heard of "Birchers" (correct term is The John Birch Society)

2) He might have heard of Barry Goldwater, but probably only one day in history class and then forgot all about it. I seriously doubt he had some "Jewish Agenda" he developed from Goldwater, or any other agenda based on anything Goldwater said or did. Or were you wanting to point to Goldwater's Republican roots instead? See how things can get twisted, even when they don't apply to current situation?

3) Every tyrant has considered "free speech" as extremist, so damned good thing they go together.

4) Someone left your barn door open.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.