Speakeasy forum

General discussion

So much for 'the pursuit of happiness!'

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So much for 'the pursuit of happiness!'
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So much for 'the pursuit of happiness!'
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I understand your problem and attempt...

In reply to: So much for 'the pursuit of happiness!'

to really streeeeetch this into something it is not but "pursuit of happiness" is already controlled by government in that area by laws concerning rape, prostitution, and even nudism.

One has a right to a pursuit of happiness, but nowhere is it written that one has any inalienable right or even expectation to achieving it.

That same Declaration of Independence you lifted the "pursuit of Happiness" from actually included a few other words you seem to have avoided - "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Logic would indicate that those who deny a creator must, at the same time and with the same denial, deny having been endowed with those rights in the first place.

I looked hard but still haven't found any inalienable "right to choice" that you have stated on many occasions supersedes the plainly stated "right to Life".

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents...." --James Madison

Collapse -
I think it was sarcasm...

In reply to: I understand your problem and attempt...

I don't think he'd be silly enough to actually argue this.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wanna bet?

In reply to: I think it was sarcasm...

Collapse -
Given some of his other arguments ...

In reply to: I think it was sarcasm...

... you can't be too sure WinkDevil

Collapse -
Considering the side risk of Vigra

In reply to: So much for 'the pursuit of happiness!'

seem to be much greater (heart attack and stroke risk being already higher) for the elderly, would the feds paying for such be endangering the care of the retired population.

Granted not all medicare and medicaid is to the retirees, but a huge portion is.

Besides, if we're going to guareentee sex, won't the feds have to provide willing (professional? sex therapists I guess) partners for those that don't have any?

JMO

Roger

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.