Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

So I have noticed

by Porch-a-Geese / May 26, 2008 2:17 PM PDT

That poor people are pretty much hated here. If they weren't, my recent post to forum feedback would have not been deleted.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So I have noticed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So I have noticed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry but if they are, I've never noticed it.
by Dango517 / May 26, 2008 3:23 PM PDT
In reply to: So I have noticed

They only know your poor if you tell them. Now we're going to really get you......just kidding. That last part was a little levity, very little in fact, about this much >>>> * <<<<. Grin

This thread untracked.

Collapse -
As has been already said,
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 26, 2008 8:47 PM PDT
In reply to: So I have noticed
Collapse -
I share those sentiments...
by John.Wilkinson / May 27, 2008 1:25 AM PDT

Porch-a-Geese,

Before your post yesterday evening no one knew your personal circumstances, and thus previous to that no discrimination could have occurred as a result of personal bias regarding those circumstances here in the forums. Now, it is my belief that your post was a result of recent comments referring to you as "the goose," a play on your current username. While I agree it has been used in a disrespectful way, I don't see that bigotry was involved. Rather, I strongly believe it was in response to the content of your previous posts, which has often fallen into the categories of being off-topic, unhelpful, argumentative, disrespectful/condescending, and even a bit threatening. (That last one dates back to 2006.) It is therefore your words, not your ethnicity or current financial/social standing, that has caught the ire of some members and moderators. However, the past had nothing to do with the post's deletion. As Mark said, that one was deleted on the sole basis of being off-topic. How you wish to proceed is up to you, but personally I'd try to put the past behind by submitting beneficial contributions, contributing to a positive memory of your time in these forums.

John

Collapse -
by Porch-a-Geese / May 29, 2008 2:25 AM PDT

Recount.
2006. The user was extremely nasty to me. You know this. He beat the wrong dog. I listened to your suggetions and refrained from asuch a policy again.
Lee koo asked me in an email to make the subject more in relation to the problem. I complied with his request.
I proved my point recently about Open Source and Apple. No need to recount here.
A person asks for help, I give them the best help I know.
On the Linuc boards or referring to Linux. I'm not misleading anyone. Notice that I give information to people on the Linux board. There is no moderator or editor on here who is willing to help people get started in Linux or freeBSD. I have yet to see one of you provide help without making it secretive.I don't break any software or patent laws. My tutorials are simple and straightforward.

You can research my opinions. They are pretty much on track.

Once again: people ask for help, I offer. An alternative method is much better than ignoring the post or giving the round robin. Some answers may be hard to comprehend but try them.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?