Locate hidden files
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. After the new window appears select the View tab.
5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.
These two directions are for 2K pro (not sure about XP)
Click start>search>files or folders
Open explorer>C\program files
When i do this i then run a reg cleaner (reg seeker)
after uninstalling something...I want to do that before I re install Windows Defender and Spyblaster etc...I still have those icons but when I click I get somethings but when I try to scan it says files invalid ...when HP did the recovery it messed me up totally. My Norton is not working for intrusion detection and I need to uninstall..I tried all the fixes they said and they do not work. I may just go with McaFee..comes with my cable broadband..but have not installed it yet