Speakeasy forum

General discussion

So Far, So Good with wifes eye operation.

by Rolway / July 16, 2006 9:15 AM PDT

Wife had Cataract surgery last Thurs. Everythings going good. She has a bag full of drops to take, some every 2 hours, but as long as they work its OK by me. My daughter, Dianne from VT was down all week. Boy, that was a big help with the driving back and forth to the Hospital and such. Every day it was over to the hospital for pre-op, tests, surgery, etc. of which some appointments were mine. She sure was a blessing here last week. Yep, Dianne went back to hillbilly heaven (VT) yesterday. Now its Roberts (her husband) turn to get patched up. He tried to drill a phillips screw driver bit thru one of his fingers day before coming down.. Got all infected. Lot of fun this week. Dianne did the shopping for us which was a big, big help, but I would'nt go in the stores with them. Too embarassing. Their ID's would set off the store door alarms creating a scene each time. I'm a low profile guy and prefer just blending in. Anyway I'm glad they came down. No matter what the occasion is, Its always a fun time when these kids are around.

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So Far, So Good with wifes eye operation.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So Far, So Good with wifes eye operation.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fantastic news:))
by Glenda / July 16, 2006 9:18 AM PDT

Tell J hello and give her a big hug from us;)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sure will, Thanks Sue
by Rolway / July 16, 2006 9:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Fantastic news:))
Collapse -
I forgot
by Glenda / July 16, 2006 9:39 AM PDT

to tell Dianne to take care of that wounded husband!! OUCH!

Collapse -
Great time
by dianne--2008 / July 16, 2006 9:58 AM PDT
Collapse -
This url is a little better.
by Rolway / July 16, 2006 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Great time
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good news George -- best to the wife!
by Evie / July 16, 2006 10:51 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Evie. Shes doing great..
by Rolway / July 16, 2006 11:45 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thats good to hear
by Mark5019 / July 16, 2006 10:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Mark..
by Rolway / July 16, 2006 11:49 AM PDT

Wish you the best with the your up coming operation. Keep us posted when able.

George

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Glad to hear good news, best wishes for more.
by Roger NC / July 16, 2006 11:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Roger..She got 2 good eyes on me now:(((((
by Rolway / July 16, 2006 11:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
Cataracts
by EdH / July 16, 2006 9:37 PM PDT

Blinded my Grandmother. When it came to be my Father's turn (late 1980s) they took care of it in an outpatient basis and he was fine. It will probably be my turn one day, as they seem to run in the family.

Stay well, okay?

Collapse -
Thanks for the good news!
by Angeline Booher / July 17, 2006 1:09 AM PDT

It was a whole new world for me after I had mine less than 2 years ago. The new glasses helped shift the blind spot a little, too.

I was apprehensive because mine had to be done with jusy eye drops to deaded the eye, but I'm proud to say I was very brave. Also have to admit that I felt no pain.

The worse part was all of the endless post-op drops. I missed the eyeball quite often, but there was enough to try, try again. Happy

Also I couldn't drive or drive the lawn tractor for a few weeks. (Extra precautions as I am basically one-eyed.)

Tooo bad about Robert's accident. Hope all heals well.

Dianne posted here that she would be at your home. I know she was looking forward to the visit very much, and I can identify with how excited you and yours were in anticipation!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Hi Angeline...
by Rolway / July 17, 2006 3:49 AM PDT

Yes, aren't those endless post-op eye drops something. 5 of them. (1) every 2 hrs. (1) 4 times a day and (3) 2 times a day.

They did only the cataract surgery this time. 6 yrs. ago she had both the glaucoma & cataract operation in the other eye. Never needed drops again in that eye. She did have anesthesia, but it was only a 1 hr. operation as compared to 4 hrs. with the glaucoma. I have a feeling, because the glaucoma pressure was still low in this eye, the insurance co. would not go for both at this time. The other eye was a different deal at that time. Pressure was high. I think she will still have to use the glaucoma drops in this eye when its all said and done. The Insurance co. calls the shots today. They go by the numbers instead of common sense.

The glaucoma operation requires slits to be cut around in the eye which is a more extensive operation and longer recovery time. Joanie is doing great though and says thanks for all the caring thoughts on here.

Diannes husband is going to the Doc today. Hand got worse yesterday. I think they are going to have to cut the thing open, drain it and put a wick in it. He would'nt let anyone touch it down here. He said, they are not going to cut me up down here. My Doc will take care of it down home. Dianne said, by then your Vet will probably cut the whole hand off... I don't know about these Vermonters. Good grief

Thanks for the reply and glad your operation improved your vision. Nothing like seeing whats going on with a good set of eyes, eh:)

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?