HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

So did Apple fix the whole Nano scratching thing...?

by Jasmes / January 20, 2006 4:18 PM PST

Or did Apple just start including the little cases?

When I order a Macbook I'll get a new iPod with it... if they fixed the Nano's

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: So did Apple fix the whole Nano scratching thing...?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: So did Apple fix the whole Nano scratching thing...?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wouldn't count on it.
by MacHugger / January 20, 2006 5:02 PM PST

That would require Apple to acknowledge that they even have a scratch problem. I once posted something on their ipod web forum about it and saw the posting promptly removed by their web Nazi.

Apparently you can gush all you want about how wonderful they are but mention scratches and it will be considered inappropriate.

Bite me, Apple!! And yes, I'm schizo when it comes to that company. It's a love-hate relationship on a psychologically sick level that would frighten Hannibal Lecter.

-Kevin

Collapse -
Doesn't the Ipod video scratch just as easily?
by Dilbert278 / January 21, 2006 8:56 PM PST

Because it is made of the same material? And wouldn't the scratches be more notacable do to the large screen?

Collapse -
It Does
by xAgent / January 21, 2006 9:14 PM PST

And to make sure that nuffin would happen, I used a old sock to protect it till I was able to get a skin for it.

Collapse -
Interesting.....
by Dilbert278 / January 22, 2006 6:13 AM PST
In reply to: It Does

Well why has their been a huge outcry about the scratches on the nano, yet we didn't hear a thing about scratches on the video ipod...i mean ipod with video

Anyway i got an invisible shield thing www.invisibleshield.com and its good if you dont like cases, as it protects the ipod from scratches and you can bearly see it.

Or if your rich get a vaja ivolution case www.vajacases.com Wink

Collapse -
Oooo I like those cases!
by Jasmes / January 22, 2006 11:49 AM PST
In reply to: Interesting.....
Collapse -
I'm still convinced....
by rtemp / January 25, 2006 12:47 PM PST

that most people were just being over-sensitive to the scratches incurred on their nanos. I got one about 2 weeks after they came out, carry it in my "nano pocket" of my jeans everyday, and have dropped it numerous times onto very hard surfaces. I won't lie, the thing is covered in scratches and scuff marks, but I don't see them as anything more than superficial.

I should mention that I'm a complete Apple purist (since OS 7, I might add), but will criticize them when something doesn't go right.

-Ryan

Collapse -
It doesn't have to have any
by MacHugger / January 25, 2006 4:24 PM PST

I've had a Motorola RAZR for 8 months. I carry it and use it every day. It doesn't have even ONE scratch anywhere on it.

Admittedly, I'm careful not to put coins or keys in the same pocket or slide it around on harsh surfaces but people just as careful with iPods will find them mauled within a week.

Yes the case is aluminum, but I have NO scratches on the outside or inside display panels. Whatever Motorola is using, Apple could just as easily use on their iPods display screens.

(this very suggestion was removed from Apple's iPod forum by their lame-a$$ moderator for being "inappropriate.")

-Kevin

Collapse -
scratching
by midwestfisherman / January 26, 2006 8:10 AM PST

Pretty lame on Apple removing your post.

To answer the question about whether the 5G iPod scratches easily. In a word....YES!! I kept mine in the supplied case until I got a hard case for it and was pretty careful with it and it still scratched.

BTW, FWIW I went with the agent18 case. I like it!

Collapse -
Apple Forums
by adkinsjm / January 26, 2006 8:18 AM PST
In reply to: scratching

The Apple forums on their website are full of replies to post saying it is against the TOS. It's just people who like to be hall monitors on the internet.

Collapse -
Scratching
by midwestfisherman / January 26, 2006 8:10 AM PST

Pretty lame on Apple removing your post.

To answer the question about whether the 5G iPod scratches easily. In a word....YES!! I kept mine in the supplied case until I got a hard case for it and was pretty careful with it and it still scratched.

BTW, FWIW I went with the agent18 case. I like it!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.