Mac OS forum

General discussion

Snow Leopard very disappointing

by noahchumleigh / August 28, 2009 3:56 AM PDT

In Snow Leopard Quickeys hangs at intervals and Spell Catcher only works on and off. My AES decryption software which was in services is no longer there and I can see no way of putting it back. This is a very disappointing. I have gone back to Leopard

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Snow Leopard very disappointing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Snow Leopard very disappointing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Snow Leopard gets thumbs up! Way up!
by MyMac8MyPC / August 28, 2009 5:22 AM PDT

Sorry to see that you're having an issue. We just upgraded to 10.6 and couldn't be happier about its performance. Everything went extremely smooth, took around 40 minutes from beginning to reboot for the entire process. Apple has done an incredible job, but I suppose there will always be someone who is unhappy about 'something' or another. Just like people can't make everyone happy, neither can companies, but it's apparent to me that Apple really has tried and for me and many others that I've heard about, they've succeeded. I read yesterday that one of the new features in 10.6 is that if it sees anything wrong with a program when it (OS X) is installing, it will place that program in a separate file until the company who makes the program fixes the compatibility problem with it. That might be what happened in your case with the decryption program. You might also want to run permissions to see if it fixes any issues. I was happy to see that permissions runs much faster now. What used to take us 10 or 15 minutes now only takes 1 or 2.

I hope you get everything sorted. 64 bit truly is incredible.

Collapse -
Incompatible folder
by MyMac8MyPC / August 28, 2009 6:11 AM PDT

Just learned that there is a "Incompatible folder" for the old programs that weren't upgraded to 10.6 compatibility yet. I would check there for your missing program Happy

Collapse -
QuickKeys
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 10:04 AM PDT

Hardly Apple's fault that Quick Keys does not function under Leopard, the developers versions have been around for some time now, although Apple did spring the release date forward by a month.

The Quick Keys web site, has a page explaining why it does not work

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?