Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Snake question for Mark and others

Apparently a garter snake has found its way into our basement/laundry area. I don't care that much but my wife is terrified of snakes. There's all kinds of stuff down here so he could escape and hide forever.

Are there snake traps? I'll probably be heading to the hardware store to see if I can find something. Until the snake is captured I don't think my wife will be able to do laundry ever again. All reasonable ideas welcome.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Snake question for Mark and others
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Snake question for Mark and others
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll take a shot at this

In reply to: Snake question for Mark and others

I've not encountered snakes in the house but garters are fairly docile. They will attempt to bite but have no venom. If you can isolate the critter and toss a large towel on it, you've got a good chance at being able to safely pick it up without injuring it. I'll be anxious to hear Marks advice.

Collapse -
excatly

In reply to: I'll take a shot at this

they will crap on you but what you will find in hardware store will be a sticky trap which will kill it.if u see it towel over its head will keep it calm they eat worms and slugs

Collapse -
One other thought

In reply to: I'll take a shot at this

If your basement has a flood drain, block it first to prevent a frightened reptile from seeking shelter in the hole of death.:)

Collapse -
The problemn right now is finding it

In reply to: Snake question for Mark and others

Our basement is so cluttered it couod hide for a hundred years. But I'll keep the towel handy

Went to teh hd-ware store by the best idea they had was a hava-heart trap, like for mice, but I'm not sure that would work.

Someone told my wife that a box with a heating pad in it would get him as they seek heat. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Collapse -
yes

In reply to: The problemn right now is finding it

thats a good idea aslong as thats the warmest place

Collapse -
I'll try the heating pad.

In reply to: yes

HAve to remember to turn off the dehumidifier as that's probably the warmest thing now.

Hope it works. I don't want to be doing laundry all summer. Actually I don't mind doing laundry except for the folding.

My next door neighbor once found a small snake in her laundry in the basket. Toasty warm!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.