LG forum

Question

SmartShare problem???

Hi all,

I have a LG-47LM6700 Smart TV and I had SmartShare all set up and working a while ago but for some reason my TV can't see my computer anymore. I have not knowingly changed any settings and have tried to figure it out, which included calling LG, but have had no luck.

If anyone has any ideas on what's wrong and how to rectify it they would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SmartShare problem???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SmartShare problem???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Recent settings I'm finding.

In reply to: SmartShare problem???

I'm finding many routers are under control by the ISP and some are turning on firewalls. I'd check that.
Bob

Collapse -
Clarification Request
martShare problem???

Uninstall VMware Player.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
SmartShare problem???

Do you have VMware Player installed? If so, uninstall it.

Collapse -
Answer
SmartShare problem fix

Hi,

You've probably found a solution already but I am answering this post because I have the same problem, my TV is 47LA640S and I did not find any solution on the internet, hope this helps others.

I've been discussing the issue with LG Customer Service for a month with no success but I didn't give up and finally yesterday they admitted it was their mistake and they would start working on it.

They asked me to download Plex Media Server in the meantime: https://plex.tv/downloads
I did and it works great, it's even better than SmartShare, the sharing options are better in terms of organizing your files. After you download it on your computer and share the content, go to TV's remote Input button and next to Cable / AV1, AV2 you will see Plex Media Server, choose it and you'll see your shared content.

Collapse -
You discovered that

In reply to: SmartShare problem fix

Other media servers seem to be better than what the HDTV makers can supply.

Collapse -
smartshare on LG its a myth

i have an LG tv a month old , smartshare for me doesn't work at all , the tv doesn't recognise any other devices on my network , i have a PC running winwos a PC running linux a mac 2x iPads an iPod 2x now tv boxes and an AFTV stick , it lists none of em in linked devices, i run plex media server from my mac , it appears in the smartshare menu on the TV but when i click on it the device is not found, tried installing various casting apps like all connect etc no luck , smartshare for me is rubbish.

Collapse -
plex on LG

also i have plex on the TV via a usb stick but it will only show library content , you cannot stream lve channels to the tv on plex like you can on other devices. which again renders the TV and plex useless for my purposes.

Collapse -
Answer
smart share

i have the same problem, its very annoying but i have to reboot my pc everytime i want to smart share, i am looking for a solution to this also, if i find anything else i will let you know, so i just reboot my pc and then my tv finds it. hope this helps

Collapse -
Answer
Smart Share Startup

Forget contacting LG. They are absolutely clueless. You will just end up wasting your time.

The smartshare program actually works pretty good. You just have to know how to start it and run it. I use Win 10 pro, so can only speak to that OS, but no matter what you use, the steps are the same.

1. Create a shortcut to the Smart Share program and put it in your startup folder.
To find your startup folder:
a. Hold down the Windows key, and type R.
b. Type: shell:startup.
c. Click OK.

2. Start the Task Scheduler App and make sure it's configured correctly to allow Smart Share to run at startup.

Collapse -
no smart share icon

In reply to: Smart Share Startup

Hi. I have lgtv 49 uh 603v and somehow I managed to uninstall smart share from my tv. How can I bring it back?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.