Question

Smart view not working since samsung updated last week

My Samsung smart view won't work since the update. Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Smart view not working since samsung updated last week
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Smart view not working since samsung updated last week
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I'd add the full model number

I would suggest a reset but without the model number I can't supply a web page about that.

- Collapse -
Tv

TV model UN65ES8000

- Collapse -
Re:Smart view not working since samsung updated last week

Hi Lindamd4,

Thank you for supplying the model code. What is the error you receive when trying to access Smart View? Are you receiving the error on your TV or on your mobile device?

Regards,

HD Tech

- Collapse -
Error message

When I press auto connect it says "TV connection failed. You should connect Internet the first one. [0X00EF00201]"

When I do manual connect it says "Authentication Failed"

The TV power button works and it displays the TV model #.

- Collapse -
Same error message

Hi,
I am getting the same error message with my galaxy tab 2 10.1 and a ue40es6300.
Did you get a solution for your problem?
Cheers,
Chris

- Collapse -
Re: Same error message

Hi ChB1974,

You should report this issue to the app developer. The email address to contact them is SamsungElectronics.Co@gmail.com.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
RE: Same error message

Is this the email of the developer? did anyone get a response back from this email?

The previous version (which I cannot find anywhere and am actively seeking) (1.5.x.x) worked wonderfully on my UN65HU9000F seamlessly connecting and streaming media wirelessly from any device in the house.

Today, I got a notice to update, and stupidly did so without backing up the previous folder structure. Now I cannot stream anything from any PC with this new update.

Model Code: UN65HU9000

Software Version: T-GFP9AKUC-1290.4

Looking for an archived installer

- Collapse -
RE:Same error message

Okay Im not sure if it was the installer, but I downloaded it again and installed it again and seems to work... thanks for reading, and thanks for your help!

- Collapse -
Did you find a solution?

I didn't know where else to turn after I got off a terrible customer service web chat session regarding the latest update to the Samsung Smart View Windows 1.6.0.3.

The previous version (which I cannot find anywhere and am actively seeking) (1.5.x.x) worked wonderfully on my UN65HU9000F seamlessly connecting and streaming media wirelessly from any device in the house.

Today, I got a notice to update, and stupidly did so without backing up the previous folder structure. Now I cannot stream anything from any PC with this new update.

Does anyone know a contact or location of archived installers by version? I'm extremely upset because this used to work fine, and I shouldn't have updated if it wasn't broken, now I'm up a creek without a streaming device to my beautiful TV...

Please contact me if anyone can assist

Model Code: UN65HU9000

Software Version: T-GFP9AKUC-1290.4

Looking for an archived installer

- Collapse -
Re: dod you find a solution?

Okay I'm not sure if it was the installer, but I downloaded it again and installed it again and seems to work... thanks for reading, and thanks for your help!

CNET Forums