Samsung forum

Question

Smart tv login issues

by themoff / May 7, 2015 8:15 PM PDT

Hi guys,

I have a samsung smart tv. I have been able to connect to internet and browse but can't download and apps. It won't let me login to the samsung login screen in the smart hub menu screen. The "samsung Account" tab is greyed out "this function is not available"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Smart tv login issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Smart tv login issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Could be down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2015 1:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Smart tv login issues

ALWAYS and I mean always call Samsung when this happens. If they can't resolve it in a day my advice is to move on. Return as defective. The only way makers will get the message will be having to deal with boatloads of returns.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
This will help
by mohseensayyed / May 9, 2015 5:20 PM PDT

1. Complete factory reset of the TV
2. Directly open the Smart Hub and accept the license agreements on the TV screen
If the apps are no reflecting update the country code
3. Then try to log in to the Samsung account

Collapse -
Answer
Having the same problem
by groylev / May 10, 2015 6:29 AM PDT

I have recently had the same problem with my 40" Samsung LED TV, except my Smart Hub apps were actually working for a while. I bought the TV last summer, and until earlier this year I was able to download and use the apps available through Smart Hub. But, a couple of months ago I began to be unable to download new apps (though the existing ones worked fine), so I reached out to Samsung for help.

I spent three hours on internet chat with Samsung over three nights trying to resolve the download issue. Unfortunately, after the rep walked me through the first of many, many factory resets, ALL of the apps I had previously downloaded on the Smart Hub were gone, and I was unable to download any of them. Instead, got exactly the same grayed-out "Samsung Account" link and error messages you describe.

Over the course of those customer service chat sessions, the Samsung customer service reps and I reset Smart Hub and did a factory reset of the TV numerous times, in every conceivable sequence and combination of steps - we rebooted after unplugging the TV, rebooted after rebooting my internet router, rebooted the TV first and then Smart Hub, rebooted Smart Hub first and then the TV...and so on. None of those attempted fixes worked.

The only thing that we were unable to do was re-install the TV software (aka "firmware"). This seemed to be something we needed to do. When we ran the "Smart Hub Connection Test", we got an error message telling us we needed to update the TV software in order for apps to be available. I'm running version 2128 of the software. When I try to do the update through the TV from the Support menu, it tells me there are no new versions available. But, the Samsung customer service rep told me that there is, in fact, a newer version - 2207 for my TV - and directed me to the Samsung download center (here: www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads). There are instructions there for how to download the new firmware for your TV to a USB drive and install it directly from the USB to the TV. I tried to do this, but was unable to get my TV to recognize the firmware on the USB drive. BUT, I haven't ruled out that I did something wrong in that process, and that this is actually the problem that needs fixing.

Hope this helps. Please write back if you are able to fix your problem. It's driving me crazy.

George

Collapse -
2 things that recur.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 10, 2015 6:42 AM PDT

1. Set the TV's DNS to 8.8.8.8
This is very common with ATT, Uverse and other internet systems. So common that one wonders why Samsung doesn't just add it to there code.

2. Make sure the date/time is set on the TV.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: 2 things that recur
by groylev / May 10, 2015 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: 2 things that recur.

Thanks. Just tried both of those - no change after I manually set the DNS to 8.8.8.8, and manually set time and date. (Interestingly, the "auto" time set feature sets the TV to the wrong time - off by about 30 minutes from the correct time.)

Even after these changes, the "Samsung Account" link is still grayed out (so I can't log in), and I'm still being told that "this function is not supported" when I try to open that link, download an app, or otherwise use any app-related Smart Hub feature.

Collapse -
Then it's up to Sam to fix it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 10, 2015 7:39 AM PDT

Account issues is all Samsung.

Collapse -
did you ever get a solution ?
by cndawes / October 12, 2015 1:12 PM PDT

I've got exact same issue with the greyed out Samsung account option and all my apps gone during the Samsung instructed resets ... Did you ever get it sorted out ?

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2015 1:24 PM PDT

I usually have to wait till Samsung brings services back online.

Did you make the call to Samsung yet?

Collapse -
(NT) Typo. I meant "their..."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 10, 2015 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: 2 things that recur.
Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Account.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 11, 2015 12:41 AM PDT

Have you tried resetting the television?

Also, make sure that the firmware is completely up to date on the unit.

If this does not work, Can you please reach out to us at qasupport@sea.samsung.com and provide your model and serial information and any transaction numbers you may have.

Regards,

HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?