Phones forum

Question

Smart Phone Newbie, Advice Requested

by FrankU66 / June 11, 2012 8:01 AM PDT

I currently have a basic cell phone with no data plan. I am considering upgrading to a smart-phone with a data plan when my current contract expires. Currently, these are the points about which I am interested in learning more:

• What affects the speed I ultimately experience as a user? Are the speeds for 3G or 4G the same (not is 3G = 4G) regardless of mobile provider? Is Verizon's 3G as fast as AT&T's 3G, for example? Is speed a function of the phone/device so that someone using a top of the line Android experiences 3G faster than someone does using a cheaper smart-phone, even from the same provider? Is speed impacted by the amount of users on the network?

• When it comes to data usage, could someone define MB/GB in a way that's easy to understand? When I get 700 anytime minutes, I can measure/track how much I use. But, what does MB/GB translate into that's easy to understand? Do text messages/emails sent/received figure into the data calculations?

• What differentiates one smart-phone from another? Call clarity, quality of camera, video capability, etc?

Are there other factors I should be thinking about that I have not mentioned? Whatever feedback anyone could provide I would greatly appreciate.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Smart Phone Newbie, Advice Requested
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Smart Phone Newbie, Advice Requested
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Speed. For me it's location, location, location.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2012 8:13 AM PDT

I have yet to see it to be a 3g issue. It matters where I am and the coverage there. It's like horse racing to me. My buddy's iPhone will win a browser drag race one place and I'll win somewhere else. I bet this will drive those shopping crazy.

As to measuring the data use. All the majors have a web page to check what we use. And that's what I use. SMS is not in my data use. While this may vary with the plan, most split that use over minutes, number of texts and "data".

Yes. Such things differentiate the phones. Some fall for the most GHz of the CPU. Some fall for "more cores in the CPU". You're never sure what will push a would be buyer from looking to buying. In fact, you ask a lot of good questions that have no firm answers for very good reasons. Some were easy such as more users in the area slowing the network. It's usually not an issue because most of the users are not doing much. However if all of them wanted to see the latest video on something the answer changes.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Number of users on the network
by Pepe7 / June 12, 2012 3:58 AM PDT

To help answer a couple more of your questions-

Yes, the number of users can affect the overall experience. It's quite possible that huge numbers of iPhone users can slow down the overall experience at a given location. Think of a large sporting event, for example. OTOH, Verizon/ATT have upgraded their networks in several key places where this is known to happen frequently though. Sometimes though, it happens elsewhere, and you will certainly notice the slowdown.

Keep in mind that most providers give you a bucket of monthly data to work from. It's typically 2 or 3GB. Using mostly email and a little web surfing won't use up this very easily. OTOH, start streaming audio and video constantly during the day, and you could definitely go over the allotted amount. This can happen even faster on an LTE device IME. Luckily though, most people right now won't be impacted by the speed difference between 3G and 4G. More relevant is what they are doing each month.

Collapse -
Answer
suggestion
by speedygamer / June 12, 2012 9:39 PM PDT

why try android it is kinda the new thing now a days...

Collapse -
Smart Phone Newbie, Advice Requested
by williamsmith87820 / June 12, 2012 10:16 PM PDT
In reply to: suggestion

I think you have to got with samsung galaxy s3.This is best cellphone.

Collapse -
attn: ZoneNN
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 17, 2012 11:21 AM PDT

Your post was deleted as SPAM, feel free to talk about unlocking a phone but links to unlocking services are not allowed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?