Cameras forum

General discussion

Small Camera For Clubbing/ Pubbing

by cjthatcher5050 / April 6, 2006 7:05 PM PDT

I'm looking for a small camera, that's good in the dark dungeon like clubs, around 4-5MP, and can fit in jean's pockets. Two I've seen are Casio Exilim EX-Z60 and Cannon IXUS 55, which is the better of these? Is there any other cameras I should know about. My sort of price range is

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Small Camera For Clubbing/ Pubbing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Small Camera For Clubbing/ Pubbing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clubbing and Pubbing
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 7, 2006 1:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
A clubbing/pubbing camera
by joemin97 / April 7, 2006 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Clubbing and Pubbing

I totally agree with snapshot2. In this price range, the Fujifilm FinePix F30 is incomparable for its low light/low noise at high resolution/high ISO capabilities. If you want to save a bit of money, prices are dropping for the Fujifilm FinePix F10/F11. But if you're willing to wait, the F30 has the newer, next generation Fujifilm technology and with ISO 3200.

Dark indoor places like clubs/pubs, it is great to be able to take pictures in natural light/low light without a flash so as not to risk bothering people with a flash, capture spontaneous pictures, etc. Sure, other cameras, in this price range, could take low light pictures/high ISO with no flash but the results will be lower resolution and higher noise.

Sorry for being so repetitive in my posts. It seems like I'm just only discussing the F30. LOL.

If you prefer the camera's appearance to impress people with the small, slim, stylish, coolness factor then purchase a camera from the other major companies. But if you prefer how the camera takes pictures with low light/low noise at high resolution/high ISO then the Fujifilm FinePix F10/F11 or the upcoming F30.

Maybe later in the year or next year (PMA 2007) the other companies might release a camera that can compete with Fujifilm's technology.

Collapse -
Canon
by gregj777 / April 7, 2006 1:32 PM PDT

If the IXUS 55 is same as the Canon Powershot SD400 then by all means go with that one. I have one and the main reason I did get it is it's great abilty to take shots indoors, with little or no light, with excellent focus and clarity.

Collapse -
Cheers
by cjthatcher5050 / April 8, 2006 7:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Canon

I'm guessing that those sony cyber shots aren't particularly good then, they seem small enough Silly

Collapse -
Canon's low light performance?
by joemin97 / April 9, 2006 1:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Canon

Yes, the Powershot SD400 is small, stylish, and convenient to carry around with decent daylight/flash pictures.

With SD400's maximum ISO 400, I'd surely like to see ISO 200/400 no flash/low light indoor picture samples. Reviews mention and show samples of high noise already at ISO 200. The differences are noticeable in comparison to the no flash/low light ISO 800/1600 samples, from various web sites, of the Fuji FinePix F10/F11.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.