- What is the most basic laptop you can find in your favorite shops and webshops?
- Must it be the newest and latest, or is "refurbished" good also?
- Assuming you want good quality, you want to record wav, not mp3. That's about 15 MB/minute. How many minutes do you want to store on the laptop? Or will all recordings be moved to the cloud or an external hard disk, and then deleted (be sure to use at least 2 external hard disks then)
- Windows 10 is OK? Does it run the recording program you want to use?
- Why a laptop? Why not a desktop?
I am looking for a very basic laptop
All I want to do is use it for recording audio from an usb external audio interface/ sound card
The problem with using a mobile phone or a Sony walkman as the recorder is that I would have to use the internal sound card that would come out of a 3.5mmm jack plug that would give poor audio quality