Phones forum

General discussion

slvr L7 vs pebl u6

by nicomaitsch / April 2, 2006 5:19 AM PDT

Im planning on buying one of these phones... I have a digital camera & an ipod mini, so I don't care about the camera or mp3 player features on a cell phone, I just look for a fashion phone with good looks and useful futures (like the voice commands on the pebl...). Anyone has had both of them and can guide me here?, I accept any kind of opinion, sugestion, etc... thanks a lot in advance!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: slvr L7 vs pebl u6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: slvr L7 vs pebl u6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
my opinion
by madeformotorola / April 2, 2006 12:49 PM PDT
In reply to: slvr L7 vs pebl u6

they are both excellent phones. the pebl is the latest and greatest. if you dont think the "thin" craze that people love with the razr. the pebl is a great change. both phones have voice commands. the slvr has itunes and a memory card slot. the pebl does not. both the keypads are flat and sometimes hard to press. i have both phones. dont get me wrong, they are really nice phones!! also, the pebl has a smooth rubbery feel to it, feel great. they would both be a smart choice

Collapse -
Pebl
by mobilegeek05-20592981391535263275494166326834 / April 2, 2006 1:07 PM PDT

i agree with moto that their pretty much the same if you dont care about the itunes (SLVR). Both have really great java API support so you can download and use just about any new application on both. the nice thing about the PEBL is the flip-phone form factor. the screen doesn't get scratched as easily.

Collapse -
pebl
by ChipJim / April 3, 2006 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Pebl

I agree with geek, the PEBL is very cool. Everyone's got "thin" phones now... the PEBL's a little unique.

Collapse -
I will NEVER buy another candy bar phone again
by lcride / July 5, 2006 10:23 AM PDT

I have a candy bar phone now and it is hell on earth, the screen is scatched up, it got something in it from my pocket (maybe lint?) and so now the quality is terrible, and it is uncomfortable to use. Your head is round, not square. Don't get a candy bar phone. Period

Collapse -
ok....
by hyperchild95 / September 23, 2006 5:35 AM PDT

you got problems.

i have the slvr, WITH A CASE, and its perfect, and sherlock, did you think of buyiung a case?

well i have the slvr and its good, but the pebl is great too, so theres no pros or cons in between them, so get what you want

Collapse -
I have the slvr
by jasonthegreat / September 26, 2006 1:59 AM PDT

I have the slvr and I think it is way better than the Pebl my friend has. For one it fits in you pocket smoothly. #2 it has a increasing aftermarket for accessories. #3The slvr will be around for a while the pebl will fade out fast as far as looks go.#4 The slvr is almost indestructible too I keep mine in my back pocket and sit on it all the time but I do only weigh 138. #5The screen is bigger on the slvr too and is scratch resistant. #6I've tested my Slvr in a controlled environment and it out performed the pebl as far as reception it has. The controlled environment I used was obtainable by using an RF shield box that I got off this web site www.rfshieldbox.com/

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?