TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Slow VHS Rewind with Maxell T-120 Tape

by KAWill70 / April 27, 2012 4:46 AM PDT

I have a Panasonic VCR purchased in 2000 that works just fine.

Rewind with a Sony T-120 Tape is normal and quite fast.

I also have several Maxell T-120 tapes purchased somewhat later. These tapes take a very long time to rewind.

The rewind starts out normally but slows down to a creep near the end of the rewind. Once the rewind has slowed it takes about five minutes to complete.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and whether there is any solution?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Slow VHS Rewind with Maxell T-120 Tape
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Slow VHS Rewind with Maxell T-120 Tape
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Exactly why I bought a tape rewinder.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 29, 2012 4:41 AM PDT

Also I wanted to extend the life of my VCR.
Bob

PS. No I didn't research or think much about it.

Collapse -
VHS Rewind
by JayGreenstein / April 30, 2012 6:06 AM PDT

The most popular consumer VCR format. Using half-inch (analog) tape cartridges, JVC launched VHS in 1976 to compete with Sony's Betamax, introduced a year earlier. The two-hour capacity of the cartridge held an entire movie and helped VHS supersede Betamax as the video rental market took off. By 1980, VHS had 70% of the video recording market and became the standard for consumer entertainment as well as for industry training and product promotions.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.