General discussion

Slow torrent

recently my torrent download speed is getting weird. even for file that has 1000+ seeder/peer it is really slow. it used to be about 200kbs and now it hadly go over 30 but goes went back to normal in the moring before say 10:00 i am using utorrent any suggestion how to fix it or why it happen?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Slow torrent
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Slow torrent
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nope

Nope, but I can say that if unless you're an avid collector of Linux distributions or something such as that, odds are you're downloading pirated content. If you read the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up here, you'd see that's not permitted.

I will add that odds are sooner or later something you download will have a nasty little surprise bundled with it, if it hasn't happened already. Viruses and malware tend to spread via the ignorant and the lazy, which happens to make up the overwhelming majority of file sharing program users.

On that note, I would suggest that the moderators lock this discussion unless the original poster can show that they are not downloading pirated goods.

- Collapse -

i am using it to download unliense anime.... illgal?

- Collapse -
Probably

Probably, though I can't claim to know much about the world of Anime. Most of it is copyrighted though, so downloading it without paying for it would be illegal, unless the people who hold the copyright put it up for download on an official site.

Just in general, if you normally have to pay for something -- be it in a store, or by putting up with commercials interrupting an episode -- it is illegal to download it without paying. There might be exceptions here and there, but that's a good general rule of thumb to follow. It'll likely keep you out of legal hot water too.

- Collapse -
I agree.

I know little about Anime as well. But I assume that if an Anime creator wants to distribute his creation he will either offer it for sale from his web site, or offer it as a free download from the web site. I might be wrong, but I can't see that any creator would offer their files through P2P.

I am locking this because I am assuming the files you are attempting to download are copyrighted, and are not free. Such discussion about that is forbidden in these forums.

If you feel I am mistaken, provide the evidence to support your case and notify the Moderators through the "Report offensive post" option available under each post.

In the meantime, I would suggest you scan your system for viruses, and other malware.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info