Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Slovakia leader hits media on Bush slant

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia -- The prime minister of Slovakia yesterday blamed the media for unfairly turning the European public against President Bush by negatively slanting coverage on Iraq.
After meeting with Mr. Bush twice in less than a week, Prime Minister Mikulas Dzurinda told reporters that the president also blamed the press for portraying him as eager to invade Iran to eradicate its nuclear program.
"President Bush told me in Brussels: 'I am so unhappy that media creates the picture that Bush wants war in Iran. This is crazy,' " Mr. Dzurinda told a small group of reporters over lunch.

more and more eh

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20050224-115738-6377r.htm

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Slovakia leader hits media on Bush slant
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Slovakia leader hits media on Bush slant
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No one has to portray him as eager to invade Iran, Mark,

In reply to: Slovakia leader hits media on Bush slant

when on numerous occasions this year he's said that he "doesn't rule out" military action against Iran. The most recent occasion was in Europe earlier this week -- too recent to be included in the incidents reported in the link.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Perhaps

In reply to: No one has to portray him as eager to invade Iran, Mark,

But had PBS on early tonight, a few people sitting around talking about just that.

Their basic take seem to be he added that after talking about how we would try to use diplomacy, and that no President could promise no military action before negoiations with a country that we had serious difficulties with.

He could be more diplomatic in his choice of words sometime. As tiresome as it can be, the opportunity for face saving for someone to back down must be there. It must be possible to agree to yeild without exactly admitting you are. (That goes for both sides.)

Ruling out military action pre-emptively could be just as disasterous for serious talks as lining the entire military up on a border before asking to talk. Either extreme is likely to work against us.

JMO

Roger

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
He said he had no plans

but all options were open. I thought it was a great answer to a stupid question asked a hundred different ways.

I guess the Democrats would rather have him lay out all his plans and have no bargaining chips left for negotiations. Just let these religious fanatics run the world. Isn't that what Bill Clinton did when he turned out military over to the UN?

Collapse -
well dave as you know so much better than him

well what would you do say heres a flower or talk them to death?

im sure they would be shakeing in there boots if Kerry was in office( im shakeing at that thought) he would confuse them with his double talk.

they and the rest of the scum of the world would be knocking on your door.

your lucky theres a man office as the world knows he will do the job. not like some past presidents who just talked.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I guess he's not a Democrat huh?

In reply to: Slovakia leader hits media on Bush slant

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.