Linux forum

General discussion

Slitaz Linux panel

by shadowthecat / May 7, 2010 10:38 AM PDT

I'm trying to run Slitaz 3.0 live Cd on a old Dell laptop C600 p3 256Mb it boot up a desktop md5 is good fine nut there no panel The CD is good What can I try ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Slitaz Linux panel
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Slitaz Linux panel
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
After install you may try to install panel
by GODhack / May 7, 2010 9:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Slitaz Linux panel

After install you may try to install and configure same or other panel simply like any other program. I like fbpanel simple and powerful. Wink
And if you want it in liveCD you can not do much, better just report issue to developers trough special page:
http://labs.slitaz.org/issues

Collapse -
A Dell C600?
by R_Head / May 9, 2010 10:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Slitaz Linux panel

Yikes! I would trow that on the trash. I had a CPt before and ran Win 2K on it. It did ok, but any Life CD does not runs well, you need more RAM to get a good use of a Life Distro. I dual booted the CPt with Mandriva 7.0 and worked fine. So I would try Mandriva One and give it a spin. But now days, even the Linux Distros are getting more resource demanding, not as bad as Windows.

Collapse -
Dell C600
by shadowthecat / May 10, 2010 4:42 AM PDT
In reply to: A Dell C600?

The dell is a old work horse it a great linux machine it don't have the power of the new kids but I not a big fan of the big linuxs I have ran ubuntu on it just fine it will never see windows again.
I have slitaz running on it now there a bug with lxpanel the work around is to take out the batt then the panel pop right up.
there also a low ram slitaz.

Collapse -
I used dell C400 few mounths ago with Gentoo Linux :D
by GODhack / May 10, 2010 9:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Dell C600

Yes, great machine it was, but received some serious damage in accident. Sad

Collapse -
At home
by R_Head / May 10, 2010 10:02 PM PDT

I still have a D800 and a D600 dual boot with Mandriva 2010.

See if you can get more RAM for that C600 it will be well worth it. Now days, RAM for that machine is dirt cheap.

I was suggesting Mandriva One for its hardware detection, so far have not failed me yet Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.