Resolved Question

Slim, budget, point and shoot camera with built-in gps

Could someone please suggest some options for budget, slim point and shoots with built-in gps?

Built in gps is the essential feature for me (I don't want to carry a gps accessory).

The smaller, the better.

Optical zoom near x10 would be a bonus.

I'm not fussed about getting the best optics or the most functions.

By cheap, I mean ideally less than ~ $325/€250/£200

I'm having a really hard time searching. I can't believe how terrble the search filters are on manufacturers and retailers sites. They often don't seem to have price and gps as filter options.

Thanks

Discussion is locked

ozaz99 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Slim, budget, point and shoot camera with built-in gps
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Slim, budget, point and shoot camera with built-in gps
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
One choice
- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks, that is worth considering, but it is at the upper end of what I would consider in terms of thickness.

Ideally, I would like something a bit slimmer and more pocket-able.
e.g. something like this in terms of size would be ideal
http://www.panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/xs3/index.html

However, I am finding it hard to find slim-line cameras with built-in gps.
I am willing to sacrifice on the zoom, but I don't want to sacrifice on built-in gps.

- Collapse -
Feature Search
- Collapse -
not available where I live

Thanks for this. I tried it out.

Unfortunately it only came up with 2 slimline cameras with built-in gps (Sony Cybershot DSC-TX100V and DSC-TX200V), neither of which seem to be sold where I like (UK).

- Collapse -
The tx200v seems to be at amazon.uk.
- Collapse -
Answer
I have this....
- Collapse -
Canon SX260 v Panasonic TZ30

I came across this camera earlier in the week, and my choice became between this camera and the Panasonic Lumia TZ30. Both cameras are slightly bulkier than I wanted, but I couldn't find any slimline cameras with GPS.

In the end I chose the Lumia, largely because of the following comparison which pointed out more advantages of the Lumia, although I actually prefer the syling of the Canon: http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-SX260-vs-Panasonic-TZ30

Did you go through this choice too? If so, what swayed you to the Canon?

Thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info