Desktops forum

General discussion

SLI Multi GPU rendering - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

I used a program (driveragent) to download a new driver for NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE. Now I get the message "SLI multi GPU rendering has been changed to independent GPU rendering because one of your SLI cards has been removed. SLI multi GPU rendering requires two or more graphic cards."

What do I need to do to stop getting this message?

I tried doing a system restore, but system restore will not restore my computer to an earlier date, no matter how many dates I try (which is another problem).

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SLI Multi GPU rendering - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SLI Multi GPU rendering - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Restore

In reply to: SLI Multi GPU rendering - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Try doing system restore in safe mode. I have had so much trouble with my HP and system restore, I do it in the safe mode and it works everytime.

Collapse -
(NT) And get the driver from nVidia.com

Collapse -
What is multi GPU rendering?

I cannot use system restore in safe mode either (Windows MCE). My system will not restore to try to get my system back like it was.

I HATE getting any kind of error message on my computer. Also, this computer has been in service about 10 days.

The message slides up every time I log on and says click this message for more info and all it does is take you to NVidia's SLI website. Usually when you get a message like that, the website takes you directly to comments about the message.

Is it not safe to use such programs as driveragent?

Collapse -
personal experience

In reply to: What is multi GPU rendering?

From personal experience, I find that getting the video card driver directly from the GPU maker (nVidia for your card) is the most reliable.

Today I see version 93.71 for XP MCE is available:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_93.71.html

Uninstall the old driver. Install the new one.

In general, the first place I look for drivers is from the PC maker's website (Dell, HP, Gateway, Lenovo, etc.).

If I add a component or built the entire computer myself, I download the latest drivers from the maker of the particular component (motherboard drivers, video card, PCI cards, etc.). The one common exception to this is the video card driver--I don't get it from the video card manufacturer; I get it from the GPU maker's website.

Collapse -
Forceware

In reply to: personal experience

I did download the updated 7300 LE driver directly from the Nvidia site. The driveragent program tells me what new drivers are out and provides the link to the vendor to get it. Nvidia said in the installation process it was removing the old drivers and I think that must be when "one of the SLI cards" was removed.

Does this ForceWare driver work in conjunction with the driver I downloaded yesterday or does it replace it?

I'm going to officially have to declare myself as an idiot, because I am confused. I so wish I could just get my PC back where it was before I downloaded that driver yesterday.

I'll just forget using the driveragent and just use Gateway's driver download location. I just don't like how Gateway lists a number of updates for "my devices" and you have to be very sure which device your PC has. Driveragent seemed to find things specifically without me having to choose which motherboard, etc download I should use. Right now, it shows 3 motherboard updates (among others). Why can't it just show the update that is specific for my unit? It makes it seems like all three should be downloaded.

Collapse -
re: Forceware

In reply to: Forceware

did the reinstall work? if not try these steps:

+ uninstall the nvidia drivers via control panel add/remove programs; do not reboot.
+ open device manager (right click my computer, click properties, hardware tab, [device manager]); open display adapters, right click a display and uninstall.
+ reboot
+ when windows detects the new hardware do not allow it to automatically install the driver.
+ install the nvidia driver you downloaded

Collapse -
which one is the best

my system is: intel 965chipset board, cpu is core 2 duo, 2gb of RAM,
geforce 7300gt card, so i am doing animation course{maya}, so i want one rendering, can you tell the best render card for me.

my e-mail ID: prasadamphani@gmail.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.