Question

Skype on iPad

I changed my profile picture on Skype on my iPad. Now how do I get it to change on other people's computers? My husband's Skype on his computer still shows my old picture.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Skype on iPad
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Skype on iPad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
There's the rub.
- Collapse -
So they have to do something on their end?

I think when my girlfriend changed her picture I got it automatically. I can't push my new picture out to them? Thanks for the link I'll try it on my husband's computer.

- Collapse -
Usually it will show up.

You will find folk that think it should be instant. But it's not. Go figure.

No, you can't push it.
Bob

- Collapse -
No that didn't work

I can't change my contact picture on my husband's computer. So I think I need to do something to send it out to everyone. Guess I'll try logging out and back in to my Skype account. Maybe that will reset it.

- Collapse -
Keep in mind what company owns this app.

Folk today sometimes forget that.

- Collapse -
For the folks who don't yet see your..

...updated photo yet and want to, have them logout of Skype first, then run an app called 'ccleaner'. This should clear the local cache (if Skype also saves it locally). Then power off the PC and turn it on again, then login to Skype. Give that a try anyway.

- Collapse -
Answer
automatic

It should do it automatically, but there might be a delay between the two. If it doesn't change for a while, maybe try changing it through your PC browser and see if that works.

CNET Forums