HolidayBuyer's Guide

Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

by audreycharlize / May 17, 2009 2:26 PM PDT

Hi,

I know what skype is, but what do I need to use it with? Is there any ongoing costs like the phone? Is it easy to use? Any tips?

Thanks in advanced,
Audrey

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: skype
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: skype
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe here if you haven't done so already.
by ahtoi / May 18, 2009 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: skype
Collapse -
(NT) Thank you very much this helps alot :)
by audreycharlize / May 18, 2009 1:13 PM PDT
Collapse -
by ellenclaire / September 20, 2009 10:45 PM PDT

I have used Skype since it came out. I then starting working from home -- 09/2006 to 03/2007 and used Skype to call all my customers/clients. I never had a problem. I thought this phone is better than the Comcast phone that I pay over $50 a month for. I pay around $20 for 3 months service or I could pay $30 a year plus 7.95, so about $40 a year for Skype. Only problem -- no 911. But I called 911 back in 07/2001 from Comcast phone -- oh it was fine but the problem was the police did not think an attempted burglary was worth coming to investigate. So, I don't need 911, the police don't come unless you are very dead.

I used Skype on another work at home job for the same company and Skype was fine. Then Skype started to realize that people were using them to call too many places and they limited the phone calls to 50 and after 50 calls, it was .02 a minute. I asked if they had a business plan but they don't. I don't have a work at home job at present -- Monday, September 21, 2009, but I still keep Skype Skype works great and is very cheap. I love Skype -- oh yeah and it also has webcam. Skype is also free, just like an MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger but you can also pay and use it for long distance and that is great, simply great. I love Skype.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.