General discussion

size of reading type

New guy here, with a new tower and Windows 7 and AOL.
Can not read the small type on most things. (old guy here)
What is the trick, to making type larger, without using the magnifier?
I've been all over the unit and can not find anything that works for me.
The magnifier, makes reading more of a problem, too large.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: size of reading type
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: size of reading type
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Size of text or other items on screen

To make text and items larger on desktop:
Goto Control Panel; Click on Appearance and Resolution; Click on Display; Click on Make Text and Items larger; then Click on Set Custom Text Size and follow instruction. I am a oldguy and I have set mine at 150%... just fine for me. Good Luck

- Collapse -
Another tip.

If you mean in web pages using an internet browser try the CTRL and + trick.

Like this. Press and hold down the CTRL key, then press the + key on the number pad as many times as you like. That should enlarge the type.

Press CTRL and - to reduce font size.

Hope that helps.

Mark

- Collapse -
Lcd monitor?

This works for me.

The monitor I have has a native res of 1600x900.

If I set it to that res it looks nice but you need teen-age eyeballs to read it.

If I set it to 1280x720....same ratio....no distortion...everything gets a little bigger.

Now geezer eyeballs can read it.

- Collapse -
reading size

Holy crap Marie, it works.
Thank you for that advise on resizing.
I CAN SEE!!!! I CAN SEE!!!!!
1280X720, works well, for me now.

- Collapse -
It's a Geezer trick

Geezer>Geezer......good luck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info