Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Sit down, Shut up and Deal..........

by JP Bill / January 5, 2005 3:54 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sit down, Shut up and Deal..........
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sit down, Shut up and Deal..........
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll see that and raise you ...
by Angeline Booher / January 5, 2005 6:30 AM PST

Hi, JP,

Wonder if that monkey is a sucker for an inside straight like me. Happy

As there was a lid on what either side could say, it's hard to judge who is right.

However, if the animals were kept as pets illegally, the agency did what it should.

There are strict laws about certain parrots, for instance. Proof must be provided that they were born and raised in the country of residence. This is due to the illegal poaching and smuggling from their native lands.

In my own neighborhood some folks were keeping cougars. Somehow they got a permit to breed them, but had to give them up as they did not conform to the acreage required. Also, the people were not really animal lovers --- they just thought it was macho. The wife was later indicted for embezzling from the Humane Society.

IMO, laws to protect animals are needed, and proper. They also protect the community.

(I'm a Texas Showdown fan, too!) Happy

Angeline

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I'll see your mountain chinchilla and raise you a pair
by Ziks511 / January 5, 2005 7:26 AM PST

of ruffed Marmosets.

Actually the monkey was a good poker player but when he had a really good hand he started to really wolf down the peanuts, which was a bit of a give-away.

Rob B

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I just get a nutty look. :-)
by Angeline Booher / January 5, 2005 7:44 AM PST
Collapse -
I think the owner should sue for lost winnings.
by Kiddpeat / January 5, 2005 7:12 AM PST

Blackjack anyone? Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And people think Canada is dull.
by Ziks511 / January 5, 2005 7:23 AM PST
Collapse -
Canada hell
by Hounddog / January 5, 2005 10:56 AM PST

the usa should invade there next to clean up all the terrorists there.I would go to the usa to join the military to help out and i'm sure a lot more newfoundlanders would also lol.

Collapse -
For those who do'nt know
by Hounddog / January 5, 2005 11:05 AM PST
In reply to: Canada hell

Newfoundland is the tenth province of Canada but not too happy with the dirty deal they are getting from the rest of Canada.In protest all the Canadian rags oops meant flags have been removed from all government buildings.

Collapse -
I agree
by JP Bill / January 5, 2005 11:10 AM PST

with you.

Newfoundland and Labrador got shafted on Churchill Falls power and now is getting the same with offshore oil.

Collapse -
Yes and
by Hounddog / January 5, 2005 11:30 AM PST
In reply to: I agree

in resources its the richest province in canada with its iron ore and nichel deposits in labrador being the largest in the world.Not much good to us with everything leaving here to be refined in rest of canada and they reap all the profits.Wonder if the usa would be interested in a new state rich in oil.

Collapse -
Careful Hounddog, some of those Yanks speak funny.
by Ziks511 / January 5, 2005 12:27 PM PST
In reply to: Canada hell

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

Collapse -
I know that
by Hounddog / January 5, 2005 12:51 PM PST

but we can teach them good english.

Collapse -
I might pay to see that
by JP Bill / January 5, 2005 12:54 PM PST
In reply to: I know that

A Newf teaching a Texan(with a drawl)

Collapse -
Should be easy
by Hounddog / January 5, 2005 1:20 PM PST

we got that dumb bunch in toronto almost speaking english now.lol

Collapse -
Gee, thanks, JP -- I now have a mental image...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / January 5, 2005 11:16 AM PST

of a velvet painting of four monkeys sitting around a table playing poker!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
It is a scary image,
by JP Bill / January 5, 2005 11:52 AM PST

Hi Dave,

I would like to know if the owner taught the monkey how to "bluff".

Maybe the operation was closed down because the owner and the monkey were working together to cheat the other players.

"Monkey poker" (playing hands in the dark in the pot limit Hold'em game)

http://www.philhellmuth.com/hand_of_the_week.php?howid=42

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?