PC Hardware forum

General discussion

SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

I just recently bought a Logitech ClickSmart 820 Webcam/Digital Camera, but it wasn't working on my computer. I tried it on my other computer and it worked fine, then I went to Logitech's website, it said that SiS Chipsets have problems with their cameras, and it listed how to solve the problem, the problem is, i don't understand any of what their saying, it says to change these settings in the bios, but i can't find any of them- Can anyone help me?

THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS:
------------------------------------------
If you are using a SIS? chipset, the following BIOS settings are recommended:

Plug and Play Operating System set to Enabled
Assign IRQ's set to AUTO
BIOS support for DMA set to Disabled (if this exists)
Write Prefetch set to Disable (if this exits)
USB Error Detection set to Disabled
Next, it is recommended to remove USB entries from the Device Manager. To do this:

Click the "Start" button.
Click on "Settings", then "Control Panel".
Double click on the "System" icon. Windows 2000 users, click on the Hardware Tab.
Click on the "Device Manager" tab.
Click on the plus (+) sign next to "Universal serial bus controller".
Highlight the first entry listed under Universal serial bus controller.
Click the Remove button and confirm the device removal.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each entry under this section.
Close the Device Manager and reboot.
Additionally, you may need to change the SIS Host Controller driver to a Standard OHCI USB Host Controller, as described above.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

In reply to: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

With the SiS and Via, I often have to install the latest BIOS, then the latest Motheboard drivers. This is noted at http://www.usbman.com

Why Logitech notes SiS is simple. Many today expected Microsoft to fetch motherboard and USB drivers for us.

Bob

Collapse -
-already updated

In reply to: Re: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

I already had all the updates available on the motherboard manufacturers website- chipset, AGP, USB 2.0, ATA, VGA, etc.

Collapse -
Re: -already updated

In reply to: -already updated

Sadly, you then have to change the USB device or the USB ports. I try a USB PCI card first.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: -already updated

In reply to: Re: -already updated

okay, thanks anyways...

Collapse -
WORKS NOW :-)

In reply to: Re: -already updated

I don't know how or why, but the cam suddenly works now, but it comes at a price... my internet becomes very slow... at least it works now

Collapse -
Did you visit USBMAN?

In reply to: -already updated

Collapse -
Re: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

In reply to: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

The information is pretty straight forward. What computer do you have? bios' are different.

Have you gone into your bios? If you don't have it, download the motherboard documentation from the manufacturer's website (usually under support). You will need to supply the brand and model, or if a special built then you need to determine the motherboard type and model. This will tell you what the Bios supports.

Once you have this information and have looked for these items then post some more questions.

Collapse -
chipset

In reply to: Re: SiS Chipset +Logitech ClickSmart820 =NEED HELP!

my mobo is a Gigabyte-S8661FXM with an SiS661FX Chipset

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.