Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

SIP phones

by sri4jcet / December 9, 2014 3:09 PM PST

Does anyone know any app / web application extension for SIP phones to run voip through Chromebook. I have tried Gunify but doesnt work that well. Paid or free. I am after a reliable application that runs on Chromebook.

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Too many SIPs.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 10, 2014 3:15 AM PST
In reply to: SIP phones
http://www.3cx.com/pbx/voip-phones/ gives us a glimpse at the problem. Since it can be hardware or software we have that and then you limited yourself to ChromeBooks. But since I can get a very nice laptop for the same price as a ChromeBook you see why you might find few choices in the land of CBs.
Bob
Collapse -
voip through Chromebook
by sri4jcet / December 10, 2014 9:19 AM PST
In reply to: Too many SIPs.

I see there is a memory card slot on Chromebook would this help to run any VOIP apps through that?

Collapse -
Have to write no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 10, 2014 10:08 AM PST

While we do have chromebooks (CBs) at the office the one with more RAM seems a little faster but doesn't seem to have more apps.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!