Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Since Dave et al quit pushing polls...

by Edward ODaniel / September 23, 2004 8:50 AM PDT

I thought it likely because they were too busy (as I can't think of any other logical reason for their failure to continue offering them) so as a public service I offer:

Bush leads among Florida voters, poll shows
11:07 AM CDT on Thursday, September 23, 2004

Bloomberg News

U.S. President George W. Bush leads Democratic challenger John Kerry 49 percent to 41 percent among registered voters in Florida, a Quinnipiac University poll found. Independent candidate Ralph Nader drew 5 percent.

The survey of 819 registered voters was conducted from Sept. 18 to Sept. 21 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. The findings reverse Kerry's lead of 47 percent to 41 percent in an Aug. 12 Quinnipiac poll.

might have to login with:

wolfcriters@yahoo.com and password == speakeasy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Since Dave et al quit pushing polls...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Since Dave et al quit pushing polls...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Of course, we now know that New York voters are
by Kiddpeat / September 23, 2004 9:42 AM PDT

getting absentee ballots from Florida. Did the poll include the double dippers in New York? Devil

Collapse -
No, but to be fair...
by Edward ODaniel / September 23, 2004 10:55 AM PDT

out of the 45,000 plus there are at least a couple dozen Republicans and a few independants too. Devil

Collapse -
Re: Since Dave et al quit pushing polls...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 23, 2004 2:01 PM PDT

Hi, Ed.

Most recent polls show the election back within the margin of error, though the consensus is Bush is still ahead. kerry has a real problem in FL, though, since Bush is claiming personal credit for the hurricane relief that he really had nothing direct to do with.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
What??
by Brian S. / September 23, 2004 8:52 PM PDT

You wrote:
"Bush is claiming personal credit for the hurricane relief that he really had nothing direct to do with"

Really?? where did you hear this? From Dan Rather???

Collapse -
Re: What??
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 23, 2004 11:35 PM PDT
In reply to: What??

Hi, Brian.

I heard it with my own ears on videotape of one of his three (or is it now four) "inspection tours" of FL since the first one hit. The language used (Usually "I," sometime "we") gives the impression it's his doing that the aid is coming.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: What??
by Roger NC / September 24, 2004 6:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: What??

Your dislike is distorting I think.

Granted any politician would make sure to get a photo op or two out of being there.

But the The language used (Usually "I," sometime "we") gives the impression it's his doing that the aid is coming.
overlooks simple fact.

A president always says I or we when promising emergency relief in an interview in a disaster area.

The camera's rolling and "I intend to go back to Washington and expediate ....... for the terrible suffering here.....

Shrug would happen the month after an election with a lame duck one just as much as a month after a new one's inaugration.

Just over sensitivity from your view, IMO.

RogerNC

Collapse -
What a vivid imagination...
by Edward ODaniel / September 24, 2004 8:09 AM PDT

I challenge you for some proof that he is taking credit for emergency relief Dave.

He is being credited by the people with taking the time to actually GO THERE while Kerry avoided Florida as he ASSUMED Florida was wrapped up for him.

Let's have some proof now Dave and your "I heard something somewhere that sounded like..." isn't going to cut it.

What are you thinking? That you can out Rather Rather?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!