Phones forum

General discussion

Sims

by o0vodka0o / May 18, 2005 8:35 AM PDT

One more thing, cingular is 850/1800/1900, getting a 900/1800/1900 phone and swapping the sim from a cingular phone will have no affect on anything?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sims
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sims
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SIM
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 18, 2005 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Sims

If you are going to use your mobile phone in the US, you will want a phone w/ 850 mhz GSM to make sure you have full coverage.

Collapse -
Sim
by o0vodka0o / May 19, 2005 7:11 AM PDT
In reply to: SIM

Yeah the coverage is important, i'm kind of backed into a corner, i want a good phone but all the great phones they have comming out over seas that take almost a year to get here are 900/1800/1900. So my choice is either get a 900/1800/1900 phone and get stuck with bad coverage or get the outdated phones provided here in the U.S. huh? Or of course choose from the small list of good quad-band phones.

Collapse -
GSM tri-band &the SIM froom non-providers.
by k9alliance / July 5, 2005 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Sims

I recently bought an ''older'' model Nokia 3300 for my wife on EBay. It is ''unlocked'', brand-spanking new. My provider is Cingular. After checking all the setting thru tech-support (took about 2 hrs on separate days), they determined that since I did not buy the phone through Cingular, that the phone would not be able to send or receive MMS messages (but can access the Web & send SMS). IT at Cingular told me that phones manufactured for them are imbedded with some settings that cannot be adjusted by the user. Anyone know if this is true?

Since it is able to send/receive SMS, and it is able to hook to the wireless web w/o any problem, I'm asking-- am I stuck with this less than perfect scenario, or is there another option? BTW, I subscribe to all the services required to perform these tasks, which worked fine on her other Nokia phone, purchased directly from Cingular. (One other thing, Cingular did upgrade the SYM card.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!