Computer Help forum

General discussion

Simple web based flash games 100% CPU usage.

by 3ntity / January 10, 2010 6:15 AM PST

Not so good at wording things so, I'm just gonna explain like this..

"John doe Has a PC With an 800mhz FSB, 2.8 Ghz P4 CPU, 64 - 256MB shared on-board video, HD Audio, 1GB of ram installed, minus 128MB for On-board video.

John likes to play web based Flash games; He notices when he plays these games the CPU usage is at 100%.

He also knows that his Motherboard is supposed to have HD compatibility, Yet when he trys to play HD format movies on his computer they will not play, they just lag, John is really puzzled to why this is happening.

John is unsure how to go about getting these problems solved, Should he get more ram and a video card, John thinks maybe this is a good idea but does not know if it will fix or help the 100% CPU usage problem or not, what should john do, what advice would you give him?"

Basically I'm John and I'm having these exact problems and I want to know, If i upgrade from 1GB ram to 2 to 4 and get a 512MB to a 1GB video card, will these problems still remain??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Simple web based flash games 100% CPU usage.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Simple web based flash games 100% CPU usage.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE:
by 3ntity / January 10, 2010 6:28 AM PST

Windows xp Home

Bio-star P4M900-M4 Mother board.
-FSB 800MHZ

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHZ CPU SL6S4

Collapse -
Comment
by Bob__B / January 10, 2010 7:47 AM PST

If I play a simple flash or shockwave game the cpu goes peddle-to-the-metal...100%

It's not a ram issue as I have more than a few unused bytes when this happens.

Since I have no idea how flash or shockwave function I just considered it normal.

Perhaps others will chime in on what they see when they crank up a flash game.

Collapse -
RE:
by 3ntity / January 10, 2010 10:14 AM PST
In reply to: Comment

All i can come up with is, a P4 just isn't enough,
I also checked CPU usage when playing flash apps on a duo core 2.0GHZ laptop, The cpu usage went to about 65% max.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?