It would have helped if you mentioned which carrier you have. That phone looks similar to what I have with Verizon Wireless. If you have T-Mobile, Cingular, or a local wireless service that uses GSM, then all you need to do is get an unlocked phone so you can use the new phone with the SIM card in your phone, if it uses SIM cards. If you're using a CDMA service like Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Alltel, or another CDMA service, phones for those services don't use SIM cards. Those phones use an ESN number and may or may not be compatible with other CDMA services if it's for a service other than what the phone was set up for. At least with Verizon Wireless, if you don't have insurance on the phone registered to your account, then you can get a used phone from any source, otherwise a new phone will be at retail price.