Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold

Paul Hamm's win is now being challenged. I heard this on my local news here as a commercial blurb, but can't find a link to the story yet.

TONI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold

In reply to: Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have to register at that site

In reply to: Re: Silver & Bronze winners challenge Gold

Collapse -
Try this login

In reply to: (NT) Have to register at that site

Speakeasy@Mailinator.com
Speakeasygang

I hope I copied the password right.

Collapse -
Oops ... It truncated the PWD to Speakeasygan ...

In reply to: Try this login

Also, you will have to allow cookies from realcities.com

Collapse -

bunch sore losers

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) im watching on tv see nada about it

Collapse -
Re: Last story on NBC tonight...

In reply to: (NT) im watching on tv see nada about it

Hi, Mark.

The claim is that the starting value assigned on of the routines of the third place finisher was 0.1 too low, so he should be awarded .1 more and the gold. The IGC says the result can't be changed. There were problems with the start values throughout -- remember the head judge telling two American gymnasts two days before the competition that their routines would be cut by 0.2 each from what they'd been valued at the world championships? There does seem to be a problem in that area...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Another blurb on my local news

In reply to: Re: Last story on NBC tonight...

was really nothing more than a comment by a newscaster so I still have nothing to link to, but the statement made was that the medals wouldn't exchange hands and that 'at the extreme' two judges would be suspended (assuming he was referring to the two that made the snap decision against the USA team in requiring a change in their routine the night before finals for their point start). If this is the case (the point setback imposed upon them), then the comeback was even more impressive, since I didn't completely understand the ruling when it was announced in the first place.

TONI

Collapse -

nbc mentiond it aoc says once its final is final will no more tommorow

Collapse -
Re: Gymnastics, swimming: tale of two controversies

Judges may face sanctions.
(Chronicle login: semods4@yahoo.com; pw = speakeasy)

It sounds as if there may indeed have been an error in setting the maximum value of one of the bronze medalist's routines (just as there was a mysterious two tenths devaluation in two American gymnasts' values two days before the competition -- due to a decision by the Japanese head judge, whose team unexpectedly won gold...) Meanwhile, the controversy about Piersol's temporary disqualification in the 200 backstroke has a fimiliar cast of characters, politically -- a French judge signaled a violation, but turned in a blank report that was then countersigned by a russian judge before the referee (from Singapore) also signed the blank sheet and then disqualified the American!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Collapse -
Re: Gymnastics, swimming: tale of two controversies

In reply to: Re: Gymnastics, swimming: tale of two controversies

My kids swam compressively, and so we club members served as meet officials.

It wasn't easy to judge final touches at the wall as it was before the electronic stuff. The turns were by eyeball with a knowledge of the correct manner).

No way did that lane judge see an improper turn. The video proves that. As the silver medallist said, it was in retaliation for Piersal's earlier claiming that the Japanese swimmer had used an illegal kick on turning.

Angeline

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.