Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Sigmatel STMP 3502 help needed please!

Hi!
I have a Tangent Jukebox 256MB MP3 Player, like this: http://www.millerbros.co.uk/electricals/product/tangent/jukebox-256mb.html
Based on Sigmatel STMP 3502 L100E-CA6 chip with board nr. 500SF V1.9
I am not able to switch it on, but when i connect it to USB port, Win finds it as Sigmatel MSCN USB Device. On the players display appears the FW version: 2.600.100
It appears also in My Computer as Removable Disk, but i'm unable to access it, gives some I/O error.
Could You please guide me what to do, and provide some firmware.
Thank You, regards.

edit:
I have found a Fw with version 2.600.100
I did the upgrade, windows recognized as mass storage device, but now nothing appears on LCD, nor I cant switch it on.
I found another similar fw version 2. 611.101, but after update my player almost died completely. I was not able to put in recovery mode anymore, no matter how long i kept pressed the play button, nothing.
I was absolutely sure, that it was completely dead. In my desperation i've tried everithing, and with a huge luck, dont know how tho, i've started the FW download tool, and while it was searching for a device, i made the recovery procedure, and it came back alive again. I uploaded again the 2.600.100 fw, and works as a mass storage device.
I still need some help please, if somebody has a similar player, or knows some link.
Which of the files are for the play mode? Coz i dont want to mess anymore with the other ones.
Thanx!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sigmatel STMP 3502 help needed please!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sigmatel STMP 3502 help needed please!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.