Phones forum

General discussion

Siemens SX 66- good buy?

by the_mo / April 11, 2005 6:43 AM PDT

Any users of the SX 66? And what of the imate and XDA II i (does XDA III exist?) i'm looking for an all-in-one and as far as i know PalmOne doesn't make one so it's pocket pc and the mercy of micro$oft...

Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Siemens SX 66- good buy?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Siemens SX 66- good buy?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have one
by sweeper5150 / May 7, 2005 4:54 AM PDT

I am biased as I do not like Palm. That being said I just approved ofr use in my company the Treo 650 by PalmOne, and the SX 66. I am using the SX 66 but the Treo is almost enough to make me like Palm. SX 66 has all the features I want and is very easy to use.

Collapse -
I need one
by moosem / August 8, 2005 12:47 AM PDT
In reply to: I have one

but I have a couple questions, mostly whether the browser is frames enabled.......I need to use the browser for an on the road order entry system....I have a compaq PDA that fills this need but I also need international phone service so this baby looks like a good fit, I can get rid of my current phone and pda and get a 2 in 1 operation.......but it has to be able to read frames and no one (certainly not the Cingular sales people) has any idea.....

Collapse -
siemens s66
by twizsted / September 26, 2005 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: I need one

browser frame enabled 15 fps. Hope this helped.

Collapse -
I love it
by crsanders / November 21, 2005 10:32 AM PST

Bought the Siemens SX66 because of ability to graffiti; have ability to use hidden keyboard, but have yet to use it! Am still learning some of its capabilities, but over all, I'm very pleased. I know that the new TREO 650 will have Windows Mobile on it, but don't like to use ''thumbs'' for typing. To me graffiti is faster, so would still stick with Siemens.

Collapse -
Siemens SX 66
by neilronwhite / January 14, 2006 1:34 AM PST

Just consolidated my PDA and cell phone with the Siemens SX66 and it has already been replaced once.

The bluetooth ceased working and then it began requiring eith a soft reset or a hard one (battery removal), the latter requiring me to rename the unit when I attempted to synchronize it.

Cingular sent me a HP unit as a replacement but fortunately my local dealer had a Siemens SX66 in stock and I'm now using it.

This is the third day for it and this morning, in attempting to make a phone call, had to do a third soft reset (actually I took it to my dealer after attempting to call him and it locked up on the calling screen -- and didn't make the call -- and the dealer removed the battery. It's working now; only I don't want to have to do a reset daily!

Am also having difficulty with signal consistency at my home -- not a problem until this unit. Was told that when you combine a PDA and cell phone you have to give up some phone capability but also was told that in July the signal problem should be resolved with new towers.

I can, at least, swap the sim card to my older candy bar Nokia and have no signal problem.

Also have noticed that the reset sometimes caused my contacts to be listed separately for each number for the same person (home, work and cell) rather than remaining combined, requiring me to go back into it and cut and paste back into one listing per contact.

Will see if this second one will work okay. Was told by the dealer that it took getting a third one (second replacement) for one customer while three others weren't having problems.

I hope this helps you.

Ron White

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?