- What is a SID number? Some suggestions in http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="sid+number"
- What program did you use? Where did that come from?
- Why did you want to change it?
- On my XP system I never can see the user accounts coming up BEFORE the welcome screen. They appear ON the welcome screen.
- It's better not to tell what happens NOT, but what DOES happen.
- If the PC doesn't have a CD-drive, how was Windows XP installed?
- Do you have a Windows XP CD or a System Recovery CD. Or any other way to reinstall the OS if necessary?
The (rather) sure way to not lose your data: get the hard disk out and store it on a safe place. Then find out how you can install Windows XP on a NEW hard disk.
But there are other ways if you have access to another PC to connect that hard disk to and copy all your data off to the hard disk of that PC or burn it to CD or DVD if that PC has a burner.
i ve changed my computer s SID number by using a program and now when i try to start my pc i can t see the user account coming up before welcome screen so i can t not start my computer how can i solve this problem, i use XP and my desktop doesn t have cd or dvd rom, and i dont want to lose my data, please help me