The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Show Notes for 1/30

by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / January 30, 2006 7:27 AM PST

Did anyone watch Bubble? (I watched part of it. Have it on TiVo)

Warner Bros. to sell movies by P2P in Germany

Amazon to do full-length digital downloads
"Another plan is for a customer to buy a DVD; while waiting for it to arrive, he could stream the content over his computer."

Nickelodeon and Comedy Central are putting shows on iTunes before they broadcast on television.

Tom's personal recommendation for the day:
I did watch Channel 4's IT crowd

Congress notices wikipedia
Congressional staffers have made more than 1,000 changes to entries in the online encyclopedia Wikipedia in the past six months, an investigation by the Lowell Sun has found.

EMAIL from Ryan - Buy Vista for security? Why not call it XP SP3?
So according to Allchin we should buy Vista for the security. Does he mean the security that should be in XP? I thought Vista was supposed to have all these cool new features, but apparently Vista is really just this big security update. I guess it would be tough to get people to buy "Windows XP SP3", but why not just call it "XP SE"? I mean they managed to get people to pay for "98 SE".

Microsoft to omit virus protection in Vista Microsoft will sell anti-virus protection to consumers through its OneCare online backup and security service.

Google explains their China position on their own blog "Filtering our search results clearly compromises our mission. Failing to offer Google search at all to a fifth of the world's population, however, does so far more severely."
Hacking Google China from Digg

Canadian record label defending couple against RIAA VIA ANDYINTN Civil War "Nettwerk Records (Canada) has offered to pay the legal bills of one family who has vowed to challenge the RIAA in court. "

By the end of the two years, the retailer hopes to eliminate all mail-in rebates within its store - VIA SLASHDOT

Brain scan can identify liars VIA SLASHDOT A reliable functional unbiased MRI liar test.

Telcos tiered-charge plan boosts Internet companies lobbying presence

Convert video for iPod
i also like tom and veronica
Anyways, I was wondering if there is any way to put home videos and videos other than videos purchased on iTunes on an iPod Video. I have spent 2 hours trying to change the file format of some videos to try to put them on my iPod but it is still not working!

-- iSquint works well for Mac by all accounts.
CUCsoft seems to be the most popular for PC

Going clean because stealing music is "too much work"

Alan, Windsor, UK
Love the show. We all love surprises. However, unfortunately over the other side of the pond here we don't get "24" as soon as it is released so rather than bit torrenting, I am patiently waiting for the new series to start from Feb 12th. Mr Job's has tied my credit card to my location so nor am I able to buy tv shows. Actually, available iTunes tv content in Europe is sadly very limited here at the moment. Anyway, keep the surprises coming, just not of the 24 variety!
p.s. I hear the Queen loves the show ! Wink

Joe from Maryland watches movies on his Palm P.S. I have no financial interest in anything discussed, and the ladies will like "Meeting Agnus", it's a chick flick."

From Molly: "Dear Joe from Maryland, I do not like chick flicks"

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Show Notes for 1/30
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Show Notes for 1/30
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Drawn Together
by awinn233 / January 30, 2006 8:09 AM PST
In reply to: Show Notes for 1/30

I'm looking at the iTunes Music Store right now and I don't see a free episode of Drawn Together... : (

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) me either :(
by Veronica Belmont-20381073359499778927797251280312 / January 30, 2006 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: Drawn Together
Collapse -
Tricky Molly!
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / January 30, 2006 12:44 PM PST
In reply to: (NT) me either :(

She foiled us all.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?