Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Should you become a Democrat?

by Edward ODaniel / March 26, 2005 2:02 AM PST

by John Hawkins
As a service to RWN's readers, I have prepared the following 25 questions to help people determine if they should join the Democratic party. Feel free to share it with friends and family members and if they find themselves answering "yes" to most of the questions below, then the Democrats are the party for them.

Are you...

...of the opinion that those racist, warmongering, Fascist, Nazi-like, heartless, moronic, evil, Republicans are mean spirited hatemongers?

...horrified when you hear about dolphins being killed in a tuna net, but unperturbed by a woman aborting her own baby?

...worried that the electronic voting machines might be rigged, but unconcerned about people voting without a picture ID?

Do you...

...believe that we're rushing to war with Iraq despite the fact that the UN has been trying to convince Saddam to disarm for more than 12 years?

...think Ann Coulter is mean spirited, vicious, & shrill, but Maureen Dowd, Ted Rall, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, John Pilger, Margo Kingston, Tom Daschle, Noam Chomsky, Arianna Huffington, Molly Irvins, Eric Alterman & James Carville (among many others) are nice, sweet-natured, and reasonable?

...tend to be minimally concerned about the victims and potential victims of terrorists, but very concerned about how the terrorists are treated after they're caught?

...feel that the rich must have inherited their money, gotten lucky, or cheated someone to earn their wealth, but that it's society's fault that people are poor?

---------------------------------------------

I failed the test, I could never be one.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should you become a Democrat?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should you become a Democrat?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I failed also:(
by Glenda / March 26, 2005 5:17 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Same Result Here
by null. / March 27, 2005 2:55 AM PST
Collapse -
One can equally well point up...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / March 27, 2005 2:59 AM PST

the inconsistencies in the modern Republican credo. Chief among them this week is "be appalled at withholding treatment from someone in a persistently vegetative state mere days after voting to withhold traetment from millions of poor people with far better prognoses." If we weren't about to sit down for Easter dinner, I'd do a web search and find the Republicna equivalent online (I'm sure there must be one...)

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Such "inconsistencies" (and in your specific...
by Edward ODaniel / March 27, 2005 3:05 AM PST

example there really are none) are indeed facts of life. For Conservatives however inconsistencies are anomalies while for liberals they are a defining feature and way of life.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thats nothing to do with being a dem or republican
by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 5:11 AM PST
Collapse -
It seems a little inconsistent to celebrate the resurrection
by Kiddpeat / March 27, 2005 5:11 AM PST

with a sumptious meal while applauding the process of starving Terri to death. WWJD?

Collapse -
I do...where do I sign up for my check? If I'm going to sell
by Kiddpeat / March 27, 2005 5:09 AM PST

my soul, I might as well start enjoying the proceeds as soon as possible. After all, it's a limited time offer. Can I get a gig like Jessie's?

Collapse -
The test was so horribly biased that I failed too.
by Ziks511 / March 27, 2005 3:32 PM PST

But you can count on my opposing the Republicans and conservative Democrats. Only middle of the road Democrats need apply.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!