The reasons are simple. If not the price drop you will get more for you buck when you wait. I waited and picked up a much nicer laptop on sale during a tax holiday. Double savings.
It seems that there's a lot of talk-on-the-street out there in regards to the electronics industry (PCs, HDTVs, etc). The word is that inventories are bulging and price drops are coming. Well, it just so happens that I'm in the market for a new TV and a new PC. Should I buy now, or will prices really fall all that much in coming months? If waiting a month or two will net me a $100 savings, it's really not worth it to me to wait, but if significant price drops ($150+) are set to occur, I'd prefer to wait.
Anyone have any thoughts or info on this? Thanks!