General discussion

Should I switch from T-Mobile to Sprint?

I currently have T-Mobile and my contract expires in a few weeks I was thinking on switching to Sprint for the EVO but I like the G2 as well. I wanted to switch since supposedly sprint has a better service. I have an old phone with T-Mobile I got the Samsung Behold I live in a bsmnt and I lose reception at home a lot. I also like the new android phones reason for my change but Tmobile is coming up with 4G now supposedly and according to some people who have the new MyTouch the internet is pretty fast I also like the samsung galaxy and of course the G2...with the HD2 a friend kept complaining about the service. Does anybody have t-mobile and doesn't have these complaints?...did someone make this transition already and got any input?

Please help me I really want to get a better service but I don't like AT&T and Verizon is too expensive

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Should I switch from T-Mobile to Sprint?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Should I switch from T-Mobile to Sprint?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I have the Evo 4g on Sprint.

In San Diego and the service is fine. I wonder if the phone speaker could have been better as it sounds like the old speaker cone is hitting something. But other than that it's an ok phone. There is so little in the way of IN YOUR FACE provider content that I was a bit surprised they left it that way. Verizon with their BING on DROID was the opposite.

--> So that's it. See if you can't stand the phone's speaker (make a test call with the volume to the top.) Also the stock battery was not enough for me. I replaced it with some monster from amazon.com and now it's great.
Bob

- Collapse -
Comments.

The camera takes good to great pictures for a phone. For great pictures I use my camera.

The support here is great, but I use a local store/office.

"Short battery life"? It looked to me to be average for smart phones. I upgraded mine and it's much better. The stock battery is not what most of us want.

"Call quality." I noted the speaker in the phone. It's better with the bluetooth head set so that's a confirmation the speaker in the phone needs a redo.

"network" Speed is great here. And I'm not on the 4G yet. Just 3G and used the tethering while waiting for the internet install at the new home. This varies by location so I'm unsure if anyone can pan or write that it's OK or not.

Go figure,
Bob

- Collapse -
Returned EVO for G2

The G-2 is a better device than the EVO. The EVO has a 8MP camera, but the G-2's 5MP camera takes cleaner pictures. The call quality of the G2 is better. The G2 is MUCH faster. From a software and opearating system perspective, Tmobile makes a better android. Some of the materials used could be better, but they work better.

Sprint's Adroids are bricks compared to the refined operation of Tmobile Androids. Sprint's androids are either sluggish in performance, offer less than stellar call quality or suffering from short battery life. Or Sprint has but them on their slower (Rev. 0) network. None of these options are acceptable.

If you don't want an ANdroid then try Sprint, but beware of the customer service. I asked them to cancel an order, it was shipped anyway. They said they have no ability to cancel an order. Then I have to return it. Prove to Sprint that they received it or pay a fee if I don't. Then I have to wait two billing cycles for the bill to clean itself up for the device that was shipped in error. In the meantime you are told your service will be disrupted if you don't pay the bill. Working with Sprint customer service is a part time job all on its own.

Try a side by side comparison for one week so you don't run over your Tmobile timeframe and see which one YOU like best. I think some of this willl be personal taste, as well.

- Collapse -
Re: Sprint or T-Mobile

Both ATT & Verizon are expensive IMHO & I have had major BBB issues with each - Won't belabour you with my Sprint debacle, so I prefer T-Mobile.

Currently their Vibrant & myTouch 4G are hot - The Vibrant display is better but the 4G is abit faster - Since you're already a TMobile customer, if you phone them re: cancelling, I suspect they will make you a better deal than any new account offers.

- Collapse -
Should I switch from T-Mobile to Sprint?

I went the opposite way. I left Sprint for T-Mobile. Got tired of dropping calls and going into roaming with Sprint. Although Sprint is a little more relaxed with paying your bill; T-Mobile will turn your service off for $1.11. T-Mobile doesn't drop calls like Sprint without a doubt. I too am thinking about the G2; was looking at the MyTouch 4G, but it's going to be the G2 in about 2 or 3 weeks!

CNET Forums

Forum Info