Question

Should I go with Dell XPS 13 9360 or a MacBook Pro 13 2016?

Hi Guys,

Got a big question. Could you help me out? I'm about to buy a new laptop and I'm thinking about Dell XPS 13 9360 FHD I7 processor 256 gb 8 gb RAM, or MacBook Pro 13 2016 256 gb 8 gb RAM i5 non touch bar.

I personally love both, but can't decide which to choose. I love Mac's touchpad and keyboard - generally the whole design of it. On the other hand, I've never used OSX. I'm working on Mcs Office and I don't know if Apple's Pages Keynotes etc. will do well. I like Windows a lot, but I think I would get used to OSX. I'm a student, I need a machine for web browsing, work like writing and opening documents and stuff, watching films and such things. I'd like to also ask about Office for MacBooks. Is it similar to the Windows one or isn't it? Can Pages be used as Word, and the documents, do each other open their docs without any problems?

I'll be really thankful for some good response that will help me choose. Happy

Cheers Guys

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Should I go with Dell XPS 13 9360 or a MacBook Pro 13 2016?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Should I go with Dell XPS 13 9360 or a MacBook Pro 13 2016?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Office is pretty much Office on both.

But the Apple does tend to run more so there's that. If it wasn't for my work on apps I'd get an Apple.

The XPS is a fine choice and CNET consistently upvotes it.

As to Office, if you can, try out LibreOffice as it's on Apple, Windows, Linux and what else?
If you get Office for Apple, I don't see you having much issue or steep learning ahead.

- Collapse -
Processor - is it a big deal?

As I said, the model of XPS has the i7 7200 and the Mac has a slower i5 6200. Will I be able to see the difference while daily usage? Is there a visable difference between those two apart of slower clock?

- Collapse -
For me, the big impacts are the change from....

I'm pulling up older machines from the graveyard (the IT closet) by changing the HDD to SSD. It's rarely a matter of the CPU today when it comes to Office.

So I can't guess which models you are comparing but here, I always suggest folk get their new machines with SSD.

CNET Forums

Forum Info